Final day

Today is my last. Thankfully I wasn't nervous anymore and could breathe with ease. For some reason, the staff felt a little like family almost. Maybe it's because of how nice they all were toward me. Even though it was for a few days I kind of enjoyed it. Wasn't looking to become a spotlight though.

Ahhhh... who can predict these things anyway?..... Diane...that little clever girl.

I walked over to hair and makeup and greeted Amanda and Emily who was just bursting with energy.

"Miss Bina! Look at you! Can I hug you? Is that OK?" Emily said with her arms outstretched.

"Of course. Helloooo ladies."

Amanda joined in the hug too. "Since you're giving out free hugs I'm taking mine right now. Before they get expensive."

"I doubt that'll ever happen," I said releasing the girls.

"Wanna bet? I'm calling movie star!" Amanda said.

"I'm calling model and movie star." Emily joined in.

"And I call cat shit." I chimed.

"Cat... shit? I thought it was supposed to be bullshit." Amanda said.

"Not in my universe. It's cat shit."

Emily was laughing. "Uggghhh! Why didn't I know you sooner??? You are really fun to talk to."

"I dunno, ask the universe." I shrugged.

"The 'cat shit' universe?"

"Yup that's the one!"

"Come on let's go before Kimbly sees us loitering and flips a lid." Amanda gestured and I followed them. 

I was adjusting my shirt every few seconds because it was a little itchy. Today's outfit was a turtle neck. Yes, that's right, a turtle neck. Long-sleeved and black of course. It fitted close to my body and contoured my shape nicely but damn it's itchy! My pants were slim fit and low rise, cut off at the ankles. Shoes were black Mary Janes, and gold jewelry to top off the look. Of course, my hair was still straightened. I was not bothering with that afro business.

"So..... you like black huh?" Amanda asked.

"Love it."

"Clearly. That's been her thing from day one." Emily added.

"Day one?" I asked puzzled as they gestured for me to sit in the chair at their workstation.

"Yes. Don't look so surprised. We know the first day you showed up. Braids, lipstick, tech wear, muscles, the car, and all. You were and still are... THE TALK." 

Well, that doesn't sound good... seems I disrupted shit on accident. But these two are living for it.

I guess my face gave me away because now I kind of wanted to know what type of 'talks' were taking place.

"Oh, honey don't worry. It's all good stuff. The crew's impressed with you." Amanda bent over to my ear putting a hand up to her mouth half covering it and whispered. "Especially Kimbly."

"HEH?!" I don't know what that sound was or why I made it, but it came out. "What do you mean?"

"Makeup time!" She whizzed around and snapped her fingers. "Lets get to it, Emily!" 

S-so you just gonna drop that on me and leave it as that?

"Hey don't ignore me. What did you mean?"

"Uhhhh what we talkin' about?" Amanda said acting confused.

"Seriously? The Chicken Little stunt?" I asked raising an eyebrow.