On my way

As expected, I roll my windows down, and turned my music up, blasting Pump It Up by Joe Budden. Classic song from 2 Fast 2Furious. Cliché I know.  I checked my surroundings and traffic to make sure I was in the clear.

Let's do this!

I burn out the tires in the parking lot for a few seconds, letting the rear of the car sway left and right for a little bit, then sliding out taking a left onto the main road. My Dean's a demon on the road and so am I. Everyone who knows this impala knows that a crazy woman with a rock-heavy foot drives it of course. Normally I drive at average speed, but when I'm excited or pissed I make Dean's engine roar. He even flew a few inches off the ground once and that was exhilarating! Recklessness is my middle name. Even though I do these dangerous stunts I haven't been caught once. Chased? Nine times. Caught? No. An off-duty police officer told me one day that they give up trying to catch me, they will just let a tree or a wall catch me instead than scrape me up off the sidewalk. Harsh.

Right now I am excessively grinning and weaving through traffic. Feels like I'm in a video game. The speed, the breeze, the music, it's all making my heart race.

Would you look at that? I may make it in even less time. Maybe I should hike up the speed just a wee little bit. 

I pushed the accelerator a bit more and held on to my steering wheel tighter.

"Wooooooooooooooooooo!" I can see the last corner coming up. What I would give to just drift around it right now, but I can't and the cafe's on the right side of the road just after the left turn. That would have made the perfect drift if there weren't people on the road. I slowed down a good amount to take the corner with some speed, enough to make the rear tires glide a little then pulled into the cafe's parking lot.

Ha! I made it just as the song ended. Impressive!

Closed my windows, pulled my braids out of the ponytail and let them hang, put on chapstick, again, grabbed my belongings, locked the car, and half modeled into the cafe with a daring look on my face. Diane always sits at the back so it's pretty easy to find her. Obviously, I have to walk past a lot of people who are without a doubt looking and whispering. Keeping my smirk confident as ever I continue walking through. Some lady is looking dead in my eyes with a disgusted look.

Should I wave? Wink? Nah I got something better...

I smiled even wider, brought my hands up to my lips, kissed my fingers, and blew it in her direction slightly tilting forward. Her eyebrows raised so high from shock they almost disappeared into her hairline. The young man sitting next to her snorted and started wheezing trying to hold in his laughter.

How you like me now?

I can clearly see Diane now and she has her lips folded in with a slight smile in the corner, looking in a different direction. Her chest is gently bouncing and she closed her eyes. She's laughing too I can tell. As I reached I pulled out a chair and sat down cutely. Diane ended up giggling at me.

"Only because that was funny as hell..." she laughed out, "I won't curse your reckless ass for being a street terror."

"Street terror... hmm, may have to get that sprayed on Dean's hood," I said putting my hand under my chin and resting my elbow on the table.

"Mmm no. Nope." she pointed at me. I pouted. "Don't gimme that look. Now, tell me the details madam."

"Alright so get this...I got this call in the middle of my  workout from a lady name Devorah."

"Devorah? Her parents must have loved Mortal Kombat. I bet you her Pa name her that." she laughed. So did I. Now that she said it, I just realized it.

"Gotta be! Anyhoo... she told me that there were multiple applications. Like damn how much did you send?"