Left. Right. Clear. Go

(Sebastian's P.O.V.)
Me and Phoenix walk across the sidewalk towards the park. We arrived at a crosswalk and without looking Phoenix stepped out onto the road. My breath hitched and I immediatly my arm lunged forward and I grabbed Phoenix's collar and pulled back. She stumbled back into my legs before looking up at me. "Phoenix dont ever step out onto the road like that" I told her in anger, but most of all fear. Her lip came out in a pout before she lowered her head looking at her feet. I knelt down and put my hand under her chin lifting it up so she could look at me. "Just. Next time look before crossing" I told her with a nicer tone. "But. But the light was green" She replied pointing up at the light that just turned from green to red. I shook my head at her "those lights arent always right" I explained, "a car could still come through even if our light says green and theirs says red. So always look. You check your left and your right and when you dont see anything then you can go". "So. Left. Right" I said and turned my head to look left and right, "clear? No, then wait. And look again. Left. Right. Clear? Yes, then go" I explained to her. She copied my movement looking left and right then looking back at me to ask if she did it right. I nodded and stood back up. I felt Phoenix's grab my hand and we looked back at the crosswalk. The light once again turned green and in the corner of my eye I saw Phoenix look both ways and whispering left and right to herself. "Clear? Yes. We can go, Tata" she said and we stepped onto the crosswalk and walked safely to the other side. We succesfully arrived in the park and she ran straight to the play ground. She loudly laughed while climbing up to the slide. I stepped next to the slide and watched her sit down on her butt. She looked at me and stretched her hand out. She always does this so I can pull her down the slide faster. I grabbed her hand and then felt a zapp as soon as our hands connected. Both of us flinched but it was not painfull enough the Phoenix cried. She pushed herself so she would slide doen the slide. As she came down at the bottom she quickly ran back to climb up. As she came to the top she sat down again before giving me a cheeky grin. She taped her finger into my shoulder, zapping me again before loudly laughing and sliding down. Shock formed onto my face that Phoenix had shocked me deliberatly. I hadnt realized she had climbed back to the top after she zapped me once again. "Oh you cheeky monkey" I said laughing. Phoenix's zapping game continued for two more zapps. "Now you did it" I said laughing before lifting her up from the slide. She loudly laughed and giggled cheerfully as I lifted her up in the sky and spun around. She spread her arms out as if she was flying. I soon put her down and she went to the next thing that could occupy her. I sat down on a near by park bench and watched her play. Sometimes she would run up to me and hand me something. From a small stone, to a yellow buttercup flower. I put the stone in my pocket and the flower behind my ear. Phoenix had told me that putting flowers behind my ear makes me pretty, but it was also more like ordering to put it behind my ear. Sometimes she would give me so many that the flowers would continue to fall from behind my ear. But Phoenix always gave me a look which made me put the fallen flowers back. More time passed and I thought it was time to go some place where we could go to lunch.

(Phoenix's P.O.V.)
Daddy called me and I went towards him. "Lets get some lunch" he said and I nodded. I followed him out the park. We arrived at a different crosswalk than before and I looked at the light. It was green. I stopped myself from crossing, remembering what daddy told me. Left, clear. Right, not clear. A car drove past us with a fast space. "Idiot" I heard daddy whisper to himself as he shook his head at the black car. I looked back at the light and saw red. That definitly means not going so I stayed on the curb. But I did move to press the button so the light will know people are waiting. I turned around to walk back to daddy. I heard tires squeal from behind me. I turned my head and saw a flash of red dart into my vision for a split second. And then I felt a heavy force hit my body. At that moment of impact, everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Daddy screamed my name, the sound of the car hitting my body seemed to echo off nearby buildings. I screamed, too, but — this is weird— I couldn’t hear myself. I went flying through the air and had a brief glimpse of the white clouds in a mostly blue sky, before slamming onto the gray pavement. The flowers that where collected behind my ears flew up like confetti before coming down to the ground. I looked up, confused and numb. People were running to me, surrounding me, touching me. I just wanted daddy and searched for him through the unfamiliar faces. I tried to speak, wanting to call out for my dad, but I couldn’t speak. Tears began pouring from my eyes as I noticed how much my body hurt. The people gathering around me kept telling me not to move, this only scared me more. And finally a scream erupted from my lungs.

(Sebastian's P.O.V.)
The horrorfying scream that came from Phoenix snapped me out of my deer in head light state. My feet have never ran so fast in my life as now. The red Nissan had made Phoenix fly onto the road, a couple feet away from me. "Move!" I yelled and pushed through the crowd that was forming around Phoenix. The people didnt want to move, to worried at seeing that a kid was hit by a car. "Thats my fucking kid!" I screamed angry. Thankfully most of them moved so I could go to my baby. I knelt down and a breath hitched in my throat as I looked at frightening sight of my Phoenix. Different bones where broken, her limbs indicated this as they laid on the asphalt in unimagineable ways. Burn marks formed around her arms and legs as a result from skidding over the road, in some places it had torn of some of her skin. Bruises littered her small body too. I could tell that the bruises where from the bones and muscles thar obsorbed most of the impact. Soft whines left her bleeding lip as she looked up at me with wide eyes. I wanted to desperatly hold her and protect her. But I knew better, cause I wouldnt know if her spinal cord was injured. Thankfullt the paramedics showed up just in time, cause I didnt know how much longer I was going to last not being able to touch her. "You're the father?" The female asked as she knelt beside me. "y.yes I am" I told her, fear was clear in my voice. She nodded at me before she and her partner went to check out Phoenix. "Sir. Im going to ask you to do something very hard" the female told me. I looked at her with confusion. "I need you to step back for a moment". It was hard, I'll admit but I stepped back none the less. "Daddy!" Phoenix screamed and reached out for me. "No! Dont hurt her!" I screamed and stepped forward. A police officer stepped in front of me and stopped me from going to my daughter. "Sir. Calm down" he told me, "dont fucking touch me!" I yelled at him. "Hey. You need to calm down or you wont help us" the female paramedic said. My head snapped to look into her direction but I nodded and took a step back. I took in a breath and wiped a tear away as I watched the paramedics closely.

 I took in a breath and wiped a tear away as I watched the paramedics closely

Worry filled my mind as I kept hearing the pained noises coming from Phoenix. The female turned to look at me. She explained that Phoenix should be taken to hospital, well that was obvious even I could see. I was allowed to sit on the stretcher so Phoenix would lay against me. This so she would move as little as possible. I carefully held her in my arms and she weakily laid her head against my chest as tears continued to fall down her cheeks. "I.I'm s.sorry, daddy" she cried and looked up at me. "Oh no. No, no, no sweetheart. You did nothing wrong" I said shaking my head. "You did what I had told you to do" I told her shaking my head. Soon enough I felt her relax more after I started to humm her favorite song. Meanwhile I just hoped that her injuries won't be to serious.

Published: 28th of october