Meeting the Co-Fosterparents

(Sebastian's P.O.V.)
I parked my car in the driveway of the house where Phoenix will be staying to help with her disorders. I sighed and grabbed the voucher that happy kids playing with each other. I flipped through it with the thoughts if it was a bad idea to go through with it. "You coming?" Katniss asked. I sighed and got out. We walked up to the front door and rang the door bell. The house was a nice decent size, from what I could see it was well kept. The door went open and Sarah invited us in and gave me a tour of the house. They had a big backyard and at the end was a small dock with a small boat and some kayaks for the kids. "At this moment we have 4 kids living with us" Mrs Jenkson or Sarah said with a smile while we walked back to the drive way. "I think Phoenix will have a good time here" Katniss said clapping her hands together. I nodded with a sigh. "So when will you bring Phoenix?" Sarah asked. "Tomorrow" Katniss quickly said. I looked at her. What was up with her? She looked excited to get Phoenix out of the house for a couple months. I ignored my thoughts and walked away to the car. Katniss caught up with Sarah before she got in the car. As I started the engine I asked her "what did you guys talk about?". Her face went a tiny bit pale, it was like I busted her on something. I raised an eyebrow at her. "Oh you know, just, about Phoenix and living with you" she said with a nervous smile. "I just... I find..... it ..... so sad... that... P..Phoenix.... can't be with.... us" she said starting to cry. "Oh babe" I said comforting her. "You're not the only one" I said hugging her. She calmed down and I smiled at her and then drove off.
_______________________________________
Published: 6 August 2019