A safety feeling

(Sebastian's P O.V.)
Standing under a porch thing looking out at the children. It was an 'adoption day', I could tell because a lot of couples where walking around, playing or talking with children. I was confused as to why no onr talked to her. Like are little kids more fun? I thought they take a lot more time.

I squinted my eyes and saw that she was wearing a sweatshirt. "Why are you wearing a sweatshirt? Its 40 °C" I said outloud. (100 °F, if my math is correct). I spotted the mother, wait no, I think she is the orphanage owner. She stepped next to the girl and laid a hand on her shoulder. I saw the girl flinch but soon calm down, in a matter of seconds.

(Phoenix's P.O.V.)
Tina laid a hand on my shoulder and I flinched. That might be something to worry about later. I looked at her from the corner of my eye. She leaned to my ear and whispered "look at those lovely new families that are forming" she whispered. I looked at the new families, some already made it official. I bit my lips trying not to let tears come in my eyes. "You'll never get that" she hissed. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as I heard her chuckle darkly. She grabbed my face and made me look at her. Immediatly my eyes went down to the ground, rule number 1. "Look at me" she said threw gritted teeth. I slowly looked up and met her gaze. "You will regret breaking rule number 1" she said with an evil smile. Oh come on. Her face switched from evil to bored. "Don't talk to anyone" she replied letting go of my face roughly before walking away. I looked after her as she closed the door. I carefully rubbed my cheek. It probably was red from the pressure of her fingers. I hinced and turned back and looked at the familys. A car door was being closed near by. I looked down dissapointed. It probaly is someone else who is going to adopt a different kid. I hesitantly looked up and saw him again.

 I hesitantly looked up and saw him again

He walked through the gate. I quickly walked away sitting down and watching the man carefully. Confused as to why he was here.

(Sebastian's P.O.V.)
I walked in the property and saw the girl walking away and sitting underneath a tree. I could see she was watching me carefully. I smiled from inside. I walked over to her. "Can I sit down?" I asked pointing to the seat next to her. She quietly nodded. I sat down. "You're okay" I asked after a moment of silence. She nodded not looking at me. Her bodylanguage showed a bit of nervousness. I told her who I was and what I do and like. "Tell me about youself? Pleases?" I asked. She softly told me everything. About her parents death, the age she got here, how it was living here and what she desperatly wanted to have. She looked at the families in front of her with tears. I comforted her by putting my hand on her shoulder. She jumped and moved back looking frightend at me. She locked eyes and immediatly looked away amd started to apologize. "Hey, hey-" I said with hands up. "I don't want to hurt you. I would never. I promise" I said. "How do I know that" she said trembling with fear. I noticed the many bruises, once that were healing and new once that were forming. I sighed. I carefully looked at her and teary scared eyes watched back. She didnt move. I carefully grabbed her hand and placed it in mine. She flinched but I stayed still. Waiting for her to relax and breath normally. "See. I promised" I smilled. A small smile crept onto her face. She was hesitating for something. I raised an eyebrow. "What are you thinking about" I asked. "Can I give you a hug?" She asked making me shocked. She saw my expression and quickly started to apologize. "Dont apologize. I dont mind hugs" I replied spreading my arms. She suddenly hugged me. It was a tight one. I felt her hands grabbing the fabric of my shirt tighter. I placed my hands on her back and held her close. And comforted her. "I needed this. Thank you, Sebastian" she replied. "No problem" I said and kissed her forhead. There was that feeling again. Wanting to protect her and keep her safe.

(Phoenixs P.O.V.)
When Sebastian kissed my forhead butterflies came into my stomach. Not from couple love, more like father daughter love. A feeling of safety.