Lets have some fun

(Phoenix's P.O.V.)
I was sitting on my hospital bed and was drawing while bunica (grandma) was keeping an eye on me. Daddy went to go home to get something. He didnt say what  he was getting. I finished my drawing and showed it to bunica. "That is lovely" she said and took a hold of the paper to admire it more. Soon enough she handed my drawing back to me. Not long after that I heard the door open and saw daddy walking inside. He had flowers in his handd and a bag in the other. "How is my little white wolf" he said with a smile as he looked down at me. I giggled as he walked up to me to greet me with a kiss to my forehead. "You two have fun" bunica said as she grabbed her stuff and leaving us.

(Seb's P.O.V.)
Saturday was useally the day we have a father-daughter date. Sometimes we would just watch movies. You have no idea how often we have watched the Land Before Time movies. You know the dinosaur animation with Little Foot the longneck and his friends. Other times we would play board games or bake and cook stuff. This time we sadly where in a hospital and Phoenix couldnt always move or walk easily. But luckily she was feeling somewhat good enough to do some stuff. The doctor and nurses also gave green light so I could take Phoenix's from the children's department and walk around the hospital. I had multiple little things planned that we could do. "Ready to have some fun?" I asked her. "Can we go to the lights room?" She asked with begging eyes. I nodded at her "we can go to the fun room" I said to her with a smile. "Can Bucky Bear come on our date too?" She softly asked as she hugged the stuffed toy tightly. "Of course he can come too" I said smiling before picking her up. With her in my arms I walked to what we call the lights room. I had asked one of the nurses what the lights room was. They told me that it was actually a sensory room. It was made so the kids could be in an unrestrained, non-threatening space where they can explore without the scary hospital equipment in sight. Its also safe for the kids with IV in their hands or nosetubes. The room is filled with all sorts of stuff (see picture). There are multiple bubble tubes. It’s filled with distilled water and the lights change colors. Some chrash mats in the corner for kids to jump and fall onto. Its filled with foam so it similar to a beanbag. These liquid filled tiles that are mounted on the wall and the floor, that you can push or stand on to make the gel move around. The lights inside arent overly bright and make the room very cozy. Every kid loves the room and my kid is no exception. I opened the door and walked inside.

Both of us looked around the room filled with colourfull lights and soft calming music playing

Both of us looked around the room filled with colourfull lights and soft calming music playing. I put her down and she immediatly went to the tubes with bubbles. I watched her follow the bubbles with her fingers. Giggles filled the room as she continued exploring. I watched her turn to me and grab me hand. I followed her to the waterbed and laid on it with her. We looked up to the ceiling. A projector beside the bed was projecting animals onto the ceiling. From sea turtles to butterflies. We continued to explore the room for about 20 more mintues before leaving. We arrived back at our room cause Phoenix needed to have some medication administred. "Alright lets have a hospital scavenger hunt" I said walking to the bag. I wrote different things on two pieces of paper that we needed to find. For example:
-A ceramic mug with coffee
-A doctor or nurse in tennis shoes
-A doctor or nurse on the job less than one year or more than 20.
-A blue wheelchair.
While we waited for a nurse to come, Phoenix had already seen 2 of the things listed on her paper. She had seen an ambulance from the window and IV bag which the nurse brought with her that held Phoenix medication. The only thing I had found was the stethoscope the nurse had in her pocket. After the nurse left we could go further. I took the cards with me while we walked to the elevator. It was the first time since we got here that she was allowed to leave the children's department to explore the hospital. This hospital had some different things to see and explore. It had a little grocerie and gift shop near the entrance of the hospital, a small restaurant with a fountain. I walked with her to the elevator to go to the ground floor. Phoenix wanted to go see the fountain and so we made our way to it. But we bought a cookie in the grocerie store that we would share once we arrive at the fountain. While walking to the fountain, Phoenix ticked of 3 more for her scavenger hunt card. And I had gotten 4. We arrived at the fountain and because it was evening the fountain was lit up (see picture). I helped Phoenix get on the small wall of the fountain. She looked down at the water and carefully reached her hand in the water to move it around.

(Phoenix's P.O.V.)
I turned around and smiled at dad. He returned it.

I watched him grab something from his pocket before handing it to me

I watched him grab something from his pocket before handing it to me. It was a coin, I gave him a confused look. "Throw it in the water and make a wish" he explained. I nodded and turned back to the water. I carefully threw it in before turning back to dad with a proud look on my face. He then grabbed the cookie he bought at the grocerie shop and snapped it in half. He showed me the two halves telling me to pick one.

(Sebastian's P.O.V.)
I watched her hesitate before eventually picking the smaller piece. I knew the medication doesnt give her a lot of appatite, so thats why she picked the smaller piece. She nibbled on the cookie while she looked at the lights of the fountain change colour. Eventually I offered my hand to her. She grabbed a hold of it and I helped her get down from the wall.

Published: 20th of november 2021