Papa Bear

(Sebastian's P.O.V.)
Phoenix was on one of those wooden balance bikes. I held the IV pole whipe walking beside her. Normally the medince would be given through that disposable syringe, but Phoenix started to throw up everytime when they gave her the medicine. So the nurse decided it would be a better idea to give the medicine by an IV bag. It may take longer but she won't end up getting sick. She pushed the wooden bike forward with her feet she giggled loudly. I continued to follow her as she rode the bike around the children's department. She stopped by the activity room and looked inside. Here the hospital has activities for the kids, from little plays set up by volunteers, to reading stories and even little obstical courses. This day it was disco day. Meaning the have disco lights in the room and music is playing and the kids can come and dance with their parents if they want to. I watched some kids dancing with their parents and I looked down at Phoenix. Sadness filled my heart. None of the kids had an IV pole and cords with them that could prevent them from dancing. Phoenix was the only one that had an IV pole hooked onto her. But Im glad that, that did not stop her. Cause she stepped from the bike and leaned it against the wall before taking my hand and taking me with her into the room. "Dance, daddy!" She squeeled and started to jump up and down to the music. I chuckled but soon joined her

Phoenix looked at me with adoring eyes and tried to copy my moves

Phoenix looked at me with adoring eyes and tried to copy my moves. But she couldnt quite figure out my moves cause I was a bit to fast. But it made for a very funny sight. "Carefull" I told her with a smile as I grabbed on of the tubes from the IV so she wouldnt get tangled and accidentally rip the needle out of her hand. She looked up at me with a pouting lip. "But I want to dance like you" she said softly and looked down at her feet. Sad that the IV cords and tubes prevented her from dancing like me. I thought for a moment before a dance popped into my head that she could copy from me. "Hey Bubs. What about this" I said and immediatly showed her the dance.

 What about this" I said and immediatly showed her the dance

Laughter immediatly filled the room. "No not the duckie face" she said while laughing at me. I squatted down so my face would be leveled with hers and exaggerated the 'duckie face' even more. She grabbed my face and pulled me closer before doing her own duck face. She than kissed my face. We continued to dance so we could forget that we where in a hospital and the thoughts of what happened just a week ago had left my mind. I watched Phoenix get tired as she danced slower and her eyes got heavier. She let out a big yawn. "Alright dance-monkey. Lets get to bed" I said to her. She nodded while rubbing her eyes before holding her hand out for me to take. I carefully took her hand before walking to our room. The wooden bike we had borrowed could stay in the activity room cause that is also where we had retrieved it from. It took a bit longer than normal because she was tired. She also looked and traced her hands over the paintings that where painted on the walls, to give the boring hospital look a more child-like feel to it. She also tried to follow the instruction that where on the floor. For example there was a line on the floor that you where supposed to follow and multiple tiles to do hopscotch. The medicine was wearing her off and it was visible. Suddenly she froze and I didnt understand why. Her eyes went wide with fear and she was frozen like a deer in head lights. Then I realized why she was acting like that. I immediatly stepped in front of Phoenix and glared at the person in front of me.

 I immediatly stepped in front of Phoenix and glared at the person in front of me

"Well hello, Mr Stan" Mr Dawson said smiling an uncomforting smile at me. "And look at you. Growing up into a very lovely young lady" he said squatting down to her height. I put myself even more infront of Phoenix to shield her from the man that did her so much harm when she was in the orphanage. "Dont talk to her" I snarled at him. His eyes moved back up to meet mine. "You know that it was hard saying goodbye to her" he said looking back down at Phoenix, "she always was my favorite" he said licking his lips. Rage filled my body as he made me remember what he had done to my baby. "You son of a bitch!" I yelled and lunged forward. My fist connected with his face and it made a hurrendous sound. He fell to the ground and I grabbed onto his collar. "You know papa bear is such a sweet way to describe the fact that I would rip your eyes out and shove them down your throat so you can see me tear you ribcage open if you ever hurt or god forbid look into my child's direction again" I snarled the threat. I roighly let him go before walking back to Phoenix who was now shaking violently. I picked her up and she immediatly pushed herself into my shoulder. "You know. One day you wont always be there to protect her" Mr Dawson snarled. "Maybe not. But I know a bunch op people who will protect her from you. And they have knives, guns and machetes" I told him, "and who the fuck might they be" he asked with a scoff, "my fans" I told him cold.

Published: 25th of November 2021

I absoputely enjoyed the comments from you guys basically making plans to get together to kill Mr Dawson. Comments along the lines of:

"I have machetes/guns/knives"
"Who is joining us? We ride at dawn"
"I'll bring the body bagg!"
"We need their adress! *hacking skills activated"