Lies

(Phoenix's P.O.V.)
I was bruised, broken and blue. The only sound was my soft heavy breathing. Sometimes a small whimper of pain. The lights were off, making everything in this room depressed. Suddenly the bedroom door opened. I didn't look, to see who it was. "Phoenix?" A soft voice spoke. It was Maria. "You have to pick up Lucas and Jake from school". I replied with a shaky breath. I stood up. I took a step forward but fell because of the pain that shot up through my side. Maria caught me and held me up. I thanked her as she helped me over to a dresser. I put both my hands on tje dresser and sighed. I opened the draw and pulled out a shirt.

(Maria's P.O.V.)
Phoenix took her shirt of and looked to the mirror that stood next to the dresser. She was different. Her eyes once full of fire, now dull and scared. Her smooth skin broken and busted open. I looked down her back. Scars lined up. I didn't know when she got them, but I could tell from what it was. A bandage covered her left side. It had a blood stain on it. She groaned in pain as she lifted her arms. She turned around and I gave her a look with sympathy. She didn't see it. That stupid rule changed her. She slowly walked towards the bedroom door. For a couple steps she had a small limp but soon a normal stride. We walked downstairs. Mr Dawson or Dave walked up to us. Immediatly both our eyes turning somewhere else. I sneakly loomed up to see him. He was focused on Phoenix. He looked her up and down and he licked his lips. He looked back down at her side. He chuckled and placed his hand on her side. Slowly going down her side. He stopped and looked at me and waved a hand at me. Mentioning for me to leave.

(Phoenix's P.O.V.)
He had told Maria to go away. In the corner of my eyes, I saw him turn his head back at me. His hand started to move again. The touch gave me shivers down my back. It wasn't a good touch, no my body was alarming me for danger. His hand went closer to my wound. "What did the doctor say?" He asked smoothly as he touched the skin around the wound. "It was a good thing the knife only cut me" I answered. "But he wanted to know what happened". "And what did you say?" he asked angry. "That I had tripped when I was walking with it and that it had cut my side" I said. It was a complete lie and he knew it aswell. But I couldnt afford another injury if I told the doctor the truth. He hummed in approaval. Suddenly the sharp pain in my left side came back. I looked down and gasped for air. Mr Dawson pushed two fingers in my side. I stepped back, but he was prepares for that and had his free hand on my shoulder. Holding me right were I was. I felt blood trickling down my side. I saw a red stain forming on my shirt. "Good thing you lied. Or you would've been in more pain" he said grinning. He retracted his fingers and let go of me. I fell to the ground gasping for air and holding my hands on the wound to prevent more blood loss. "Now get Lucas and Jake" he replied with a bored voice as he stepped over me.