Jeongcheol 5

[Mostly Jeongcheol but also Seoksoo. I decided to do a one(?)shot just because this idea struck me. This one was requested and so I did, this one's for you, ]

The door opened, revealing the infamous god of darkness standing on the doorway. Out of courtesy, he decided to knock on the door despite it being opened.

"I'll let myself in" He stated as he closed the door behind him. He went to the god of life, hunched down on his work with full focus on it. He didn't even notice the god of darkness in front of him. "Brother.." The god of darkness called out. "Brother? Brother!" He shouted which successfully caught his brother's attention.

The god of life looked up at his brother, not even flinching even after getting surprised. He let out a sigh as he put his work aside to talk to his brother, "What is it, Joshua? Do you need something?"

Joshua, the god of darkness answered with a shake of his head, implying that he doesn't need anything. "I just wanted to have a chat with my brother, that's all. Maybe also get you out of working for once"

"Joshua, you know I am a busy man. I have no time to chat. If you don't need something, see yourself out"

"How cold.. Can't I bond with my brother for at least once? My dear brother, you are always stuck to your work as if you are chained to it. All I wanted is to spend time with you. Please, Seungcheol?"

Seungcheol let out a sigh, he guestured at the seat in front of his desk, letting him stay as he does his work. "What is it that you wanted to chat with me then?"

"Nothing in particular. Though, Must I ask, doesn't answering prayers all day and playing with some mortals not bore you out at all?"

"It does, but it is my duty. As the god of life, I should take care of the mortals, I created them" Seungcheol answered, not even bothering to look at his brother.

Joshua nodded his head, completely dissatisfied with his brother's answer. "Right.. but, brother, don't you think it's time for you to find someone and claim them as your lover?" He suddenly suggested.

Seungcheol stopped working the moment he heard his words. "Joshua, you know how much I dislike this topic"

"I am aware, but all I am saying are only suggestions. Think about it, brother. Our youngest brother had already has his heart set on a god. You know our youngest brother, he despises going out and yet he went out of his comfort zone and went out"

"He's still in his room being all lovesick, Joshua. I don't get your point"

"My point is.. is that you are always stuck in your room, making mortals satisfied and yet how about you? Have you felt satisfied?"

"No, but again, it is my job. I need not to feel any emotions while I do so. This love thing does not mean anything to me"

"Unnecessary but it might help you with your actual work"

That statement somehow caught Seungcheol's attention. He looked at his brother while crossing his arms. "What are you implying, brother?"

"Don't you think it's tiring if you're the only one doing all that human-related job? You don't even go out a lot! You are.. what those humans call, a workaholic"

Seungcheol chuckled, "You're spending way too much time with the mortals, you're sounding like them"

"Out of all the points I made, that's the one you decided to focus on?"

"No, but I hear you" Seungcheol let out a sigh. He stared at the mortal world for a bit before turning back to his brother. "You've convinced me, brother. I shall try this love thing then.. I just realized I do not know where to start"

"Well, your brother is right in front of you."

"Alright then, what's your plan?"

"Before I do, ever heard of the god of family and marriage?"

_______________________

"It's just- have you seen him, Jeonghan? He's so nice and.. caring and.. Ah! He is quite a sight!"

The god of marriage smiled fondly as he let his younger brother tell him about the god that he met once before.

"I want to meet him again, no, I need to meet him again." The god of nature hugged his pillow tight as he continues to think about that god.

The god of marriage, Jeonghan, was braiding his hair despite his brother moving a lot. "Seungkwan, I need you to calm down for a second, I don't want your hair to be ruined" He scolded, which made the god of nature stay put. "Well, before you meet that god again, have you gotten his name yet?"

"No.." Seungkwan sighed before putting his lips in a pout.

"Well then, it's going to be hard for you to find him again, yes? Going back everyday on the place you first met would just make you disappointed."

"But that's the only way I could see him again.."

"Yes, but what if he's busy working? You don't even know who he is so how are you supposed to see him?"

Before Seungkwan could reply to his brother's statement, The god of light went inside the room to join them. "Brother, are you making our younger brother cry again?"

"Seokmin!" Seungkwan raised both of his hands towards his brother. "You're back"

The god of light approached them and gave both of them a kiss on the cheek. Jeonghan scooted a little to give him a space to sit on.

"Did you know our younger brother had already fell in love?" Jeonghan had finally finished braiding his brother's hair after a long while. "I was only giving him advice as a brother and also as the god of marriage"

Seokmin was surprised, he poked his brother's cheek while having a fond look on his face. "You have? Who's the lucky god?"

"I don't know.. but he's really handsome!"

"Ooh, that's tough.." Seokmin sighed, he patted his brother's back to console him. "Maybe if we go out now, you'd get to meet him?"

Seungkwan perked up after he heard that, "We'd get to meet him?" He asked, completely interested.

"I mean, there's gods that wants to meet Jeonghan?"

Jeonghan furrowed his eyebrows, he stood up and looked outside the window to see there was actually an unfamiliar carriage outside. "There is.. What are they here for?" He decided to ask Seokmin.

"Suitors"

"Tell them to leave, I'm busy"

"The god of life.. is one of them"

"Oh.. Greet them on my behalf, I'll just try to look my best before meeting them"

"Alright, brother" Both Seokmin and Seungkwan left the room to go greet the other gods downstairs.

"Now.. What do I wear?"

[Nevermind it's not a oneshot, there's a part two]