Meanie 3

Yes, I saw this on Tiktok and put my spin on it, I lost inspiration but here I am. This AU can work in both Meanie and Verkwan but since I did alot of Verkwan, I decided on Meanie.

When someone turns 18, a number appears on their wrist indicating the number of times they would get in contact with their soulmates, touching or just lightly or brushed their skin on each other in the future. If they have, the number lowers.

Wonwoo just had his 18th birthday, since he lives far away from his parents, he spent it with some of his closest friends.

"Happy Birthday, Wonu!" Jeonghan greeted him.

They had him cover his wrist for the whole party, just so he can enjoy it while not bothering about stuff. He might get a bad result and that would hurt him. After the small party they had, they gathered up in the living room.

"So, in the count of three, you take off the cover" Seungkwan stood beside him, he was gonna help Wonwoo to take off the cover.

His friends then started counting down, when it got to 1, Seungkwan then took off the cover. The number was surprising, even Seungkwan was confused.

"What did you get?" Soonyoung asked.

"1023?" Wonwoo answered. He showed his wrist to his friends. All of them sighed.

"Its gonna be a long time since youd finally know your soulmate, huh?" Minghao sat beside him. "Youll find him, fighting" He tried cheering Wonwoo up.

Time passed by, hes 21 now, the number has lowered to 876. He wondered who it was since they have met for 147 times already. His everyday routine, he would walk to his part-time job, It was a little closer anyways, plus excercise. Suddenly, A familiar face was going his way.

"Hey, Wonwoo!"

"Hey, Mingyu" Mingyu is someone he knows from his neighborhood, they would often meet when he goes for a jog or just walking around in general.

"Yep, hey you have something on your face" Mingyu pointed out. Wonwoo then let him take the stain out of his face.

"If you trip again, Im not gonna catch you" Wonwoo sighed, it was a common occurence that Mingyu would trip onto something because he was tall and clumsy.

"Trying not to" Mingyu shrugged. Wonwoo continued walking but tripped on a small rock, luckily Mingyu caught him. "And here you are warning me not to trip?"

"It happened once, you trip on everything everytime we met"

"Ah, yeah thats true. Anyways, ill see you later then" Mingyu patted him and continued running, Wonwoo only shook his head and went on his way to work.

As he was working, he got bored since no customer was coming in. He looked at his wrist, its already 873. He thought that maybe he accidentally encounter his soulmate on his way to work, but he didnt know who. It went on for a few weeks, his number gets lower and lower. It was finally Seungkwan's 18th birthday, the younger decided to spend it with his family. They respected his decision although he came back after 2 days.

"Hyung, whats the number on your wrist now?" Seungkwan asked. Wonwoo showed him his wrist. The younger then sighed and looked at his. "Youre already in 785..Meanwhile my number is super low"

Wonwoo patted his friend's shoulder. "Its okay, Seungkwan. Its a bit easier to find your soulmate, unlike me"

Seungkwan thought of it for a second, "Yeah, I guess youre right. I hope you find yours soon though"

"I will, but I think its gonna be next year" Wonwoo stated and stared at his wrist.

A few months have gone by, Wonwoo still has no idea on who his soulmate was. One day, It was his day ofd, he went outside and played with the stray cats.

"I wonder if you guys would also find your soulmates" Wonwoo talked to the cats as he patted them. "I think Im close to finding them"

"Ahh, Wonwoo, finally" Mingyu approached him. He was obviously in a rush, he was panting and very sweaty. "Can you help me?"

"What is it again?" Wonwoo sighed as he put the cat down.

"I kinda broke one of the lights in my house, I need you to help me fix it" Mingyu was embarrassed but he needed help anyways.

Wonwoo stared at him with an expressionless face, "Youre an Idiot, do it yourself" He crouched back down. Mingyu kept annoying him by poking and whining until Wonwoo had enough and helped him.

"What do you even need me to do?" Wonwoo asked, he just wanted to go back to the cats.

"Just pass me the tools" Mingyu instructed. He started fixing the lightbulb with the help of Wonwoo. After it was done, Mingyu gave him a soda as a thank you gift.

"Just dont be an Idiot, youve only lived here for a couple of months, get use to it" Wonwoo stated then drank the soda. "Anyways, youre already 20, whats number?"

"Um, If youre finished you can just put the can on the table" Mingyu smiled at him and left.

Mingyu would now constantly bug Wonwoo about unnecesary stuff, if he doesnt give him affection, he would annoy the heck out of Wonwoo. His number is now down to 50 in just a span of half a year. Wonwoo would usually wear a long sleeved shirt, he wanted to wear a plain t-shirt to work.

"Hyungg, can you atleast give me a discount?" Mingyu visited the place where he worked at

"No, Im not the owner of this store" Wonwoo refused to do what Mingyu whined about.

"Thats right, because I am! I own 2400 won convenience stores, just kidding but please?" Mingyu continuously poked his cheeks.

Wonwoo sighed in annoyance, "No" as Mingyu continue to whine, he saw thr number on his list now counting down to 1 until he stopped him. "Youre...Youre my soulmate?" Wonwoo asked. Mingyu looked confused for a moment, he looked at his wrist and Wonwoo's.

"Geez, I thought Ill see mine when im older. Its such a large number and yet it was you all along?" Mingyu held Wonwoo's hand. The number on his wrist finally disappeared. Wonwoo was finally contented.

"Yeah..I didnt expect an annoying ass big baby like you would be my soulmate" Wonwoo scoffed.

Mingyu felt offended at that, "That was meann..." He whined. "Now what do we do?"

"I dont know, just get out of the store" Wonwoo tried shoo-ing him away.

"Ill take you on a date tomorrow! Bye!"
Mingyu payed for the stuff he bought and ran outside.

Of course, Mingyu stayed true to his words, he did take Wonwoo out on a date even though the kitty hyung is persistent. It didnt take long for them to be official.

Also I dont reread these stories I just write one and go