locked out

A/N: In this story, the Vegas confession never happened, they didn't start dating in high school, and Olivia never had an addiction. Enjoy!

"SPENCER!"

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"SPENCER!"

The loud banging blended into the deep bass blaring from Spencer's headphones. On a Friday, Spencer had passed on a night out with his teammates, choosing to get in the zone for tomorrow night's big game.

As one song transitioned to the next, the knocking finally caught his attention.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

"SPENCER!"

"Liv?" Spencer ducked, having to react fast as his best friend's fist came flying at his face.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" Olivia pushed past him, stumbling into his dorm room, "I've been knocking for hours."

"Hours?" Spencer lunged forward, grabbing her waist. Olivia had been aiming for the bean bag in the corner of the room, but would have missed completely.

"Liv, are you drunk?" 

"Define drunk."

"How much have you had to drink? Who were you out with? How did you get here?" he fired question after question at her, concern etched on his face.

"Enough with the verbal assault," she pushed away from him and lay down on his bed, "I was out with Tiana, we had a couple drinks. But then she left with Derek, so I was alone, and I tried to go home, but then I got there, and my key wasn't in my bag, so I came here, and stood outside your door for hours until you so graciously let me in." That last statement earned her a serious eye roll.

Exhausted from having to explain her eventful night, Olivia closed her eyes, "Is it okay if I crash here?"

"Of course, but how about we get some water in you," he opened his mini fridge to pull out a water bottle.

Helping her sit up, Spencer held the bottle to her lips as she drank. A quarter of the way in, she grabbed the bottle from him.

"I'm fine, really," she said, her energy mellowing out, "I didn't mean to interrupt your wild night in. What were you up to?"

Spencer smirked at her jab, "just watching some film, big game tomorrow. We play USC."

"Are you nervous?"

"Nah, we're good. I just like to be prepared."

"I'll watch with you," she leaned over to put the empty water bottle on his nightstand, "maybe I'll have some valuable insight."

"Sometimes I forget you're a coach's daughter," he laughed, bringing his laptop onto his bed and placing it between them. For the next hour, they sat in silence watching USC's game from last week. Every so often, Olivia would nod intently at the laptop, her eyes never leaving the screen.

As the replay ended, Spencer turned to Olivia, "any notes, coach?"

"Those cornerbacks are no match for Spencer James," Olivia smiled over at him.