almost midnight

Empty cabinet after empty cabinet greeted Olivia as she rummaged through the kitchen in Spencer's condo. Between him getting traded back to LA right before the season, and her finishing up her senior year fall, the last few months had been go-go-go with neither of them having the time to decorate the rookie's place.

Hearing the repeated slamming of doors, Spencer called from the bedroom, his voice groggy. "Baby, it's almost midnight."

She threw a glance at the microwave clock. 11:45. "You don't have any wine glasses?" she yelled back.

"What do we need wine glasses for?"

She rolled her eyes. "To drink from!"

"You don't drink, baby. I got water glasses. Last cabinet on the right." The impatience in his voice was obvious, and it stirred a fresh wave of giddiness in her. They had been attached at the hip, quite literally since earlier that afternoon, and this fifty feet of distance was too much for him.

She reached for the last cabinet on the right and grinned. On to the drinks.

"You don't have anything a little more festive." She threw her head around the refrigerator door.

"No." He sounded annoyed.

"Okay, cranberry juice will have to do then," she mumbled to herself. The plastic bottle got tucked under her arm as she grabbed the two cups off the counter.

Even though they had finally succumbed to the most heavenly nap Olivia had ever had, the air in Spencer's bedroom was still thick with sex. Clothes were scattered around the floor, and somewhere—though she wasn't sure where—their phones were blown up with texts and missed calls, pleading for the couple to come out and join in on the festivities.

At the sound of her footsteps, Spencer rolled onto his back. "What took you so long?"

He folded an arm over his head, and the low-riding sheet slid even lower on his hips. Distinct lines on his pelvis led south, and Olivia was momentarily distracted from her trip to the kitchen. How rookie camp had managed to make him buffer, she'd never understand. The man had practically lived in the gym before he got drafted.

"What's all this for?" he asked again, pulling her from her lust-filled daze.

Recovering, she held the glasses up higher and walked over to her side of the bed. "To celebrate."

He chuckled, scooting closer to her. Now wanting to get yelled at, he waited until the cups were safely set on the nightstand before wrapping a hand around her thigh and tugging her down to him. "We were already celebrating."

His hand grazed up her thigh, and her breath caught in her throat as he flashed her a cocky grin before dropping his lips to her neck. As he suckled up her neck, dedicating extra time to the spots he knew were most sensitive, her vision grew blurry, and an ugly moan fell from her lips.

Her hands reached for the back of his head while between their bodies, his fingers worked on loosening the tie of her robe. Once he achieved direct access to her, he slid his hand around her waist and rolled onto his back.

Sitting up, she panted through shallow breaths, trying to regain control of her overwhelmed senses. His gaze meandered up her slim waist, appreciating her supple breasts as they rose and fell with her breathing before landing on her glowing face. "You look so beautiful like this."

"Are you just saying that because of this?" Her hand reached behind her, cupping the part of him that was stiffening against her back.

He smirked, but his answer was sincere. "Nah, you always look good. Today just happens to be special."