sit still

Spencer could tell when Olivia had something on her mind. Throughout the afternoon, she had been skittish, dropping things and bumping into walls. When he asked her what movie she wanted to watch after dinner, she rambled about some romcom he'd never heard of and ended with a whatever you want is fine, though.

Something was up, and he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

"You okay, baby?"

In the kitchen, she jumped at the sound of his voice and turned with a weak smile. "Yeah, all good."

He quirked an eyebrow. "You sure? We don't have to watch a movie if you don't want to."

"And cancel movie night?" The flash of sass made him relax. She was coming back to him. "Never."

"You just seem a little off. That's all."

"Just a lot on my mind," she offered.

"You wanna share?"

She shook her head, reaching for the bowl of popcorn. "It's nothing."

"Hey." He swung his hand to grab her arm. "Nothing you have to say means nothing to me."

She offered a thankful smile, but slipped out of his grasp.

In the living room, she tucked herself around a pillow, hugging her body around it and leaving no space for him. Reluctantly, he took the seat opposite her on the couch. An unusual set-up for their movie nights. Though after his first failed attempt, he didn't question her again. Instead, he dimmed the lights and started the movie. She'd speak when she wanted to, and in the meantime, he'd keep his nerves down, convincing himself that it was truly unimportant.

Twenty minutes in, her voice interrupted the scene on the TV. "I want to sit on you," she admitted timidly.

Without question, he patted his leg. This is what he had been waiting for all day. Their time to cuddle up on the couch and just be. He looked forward to their Friday nights all week.

She shook her head. "With you inside me..."

Blood rushed to his crotch while his brain struggled to understand her hesitation. More times than not, their movie nights ended in sweaty bodies and rolling hips. He never had any complaints.

"... while watching the movie."

His shaft twitched, ready to accept the invitation to its warm home.

"But not fucking..."

He stared at her blankly, trying to keep up.

"...just holding you."

And then it clicked.

This wasn't the first time she'd shared her desires with him, and just like the last time, he felt a wave of comfort wash over him. Nothing compared to the feeling of his girl feeling safe with him. And though he had never played out this scenario in his mind, just hearing that she'd been considering it had him hard as a brick.

He refocused on her and caught her pupils darting around his face, trying to read his expression. Waiting for him to say something. Anything.

He shouldn't have let the silence go on. Recovering, he held out a hand. "Come sit, baby."

"You sure? Or we can just have sex," she rambled. "Forget I mentioned it."

He could tell from the panic in her voice how badly she wanted this, how long she had fought with herself to bring it up. Why she was so stressed, he wasn't sure. He made a mental note to do something about that later because any idea that crossed her mind, he was game for, and his dick, now twitching in his shorts, wouldn't let him forget it.