wedding season

Me again with another one shot and still no book update :)

_____

Olivia was pretty sure she felt her ovaries flip when she walked out of the bathroom to find a shirtless Spencer sitting with their four month-old slumped in his arms. There was something about a half-dressed man holding a baby, or more specifically, this half-dressed man holding her baby, that never failed to make her heart rate go up.

"She's almost done." His warm smile greeted her as he looked up, his hand holding the bottle in place against Sienna's suckling lips. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you." Twirling around, she provided him a full view of her ensemble. The dark green satin bodice gave way to a longer piece of fabric that gave the appearance of being loosely wrapped around her hips. The fabric stopped at around her mid thigh before the excess trailed down her leg.

He nodded appreciatively. If it weren't for the baby in his arms, he would have already been on her.

"I'll take her while you finish getting ready." Olivia reached forward, accepting the weight of her daughter. Sleepy from the breastmilk, Sienna hardly noticed the transfer.

Leaving Spencer, Olivia carried her daughter downstairs, grateful to have an endless supply of overeager family members willing to babysit whenever she and Spencer had an event to attend. Which these days was actually quite often. Being married to an NFL player meant spending the off-season attending wedding after wedding, each one more extravagant than the next. Tonight's would be taking place on a yacht.

"She should be good for a few hours," Olivia explained as she set the empty bottle onto the counter and shifted Sienna onto the burb cloth on her shoulder.

"I handled two of these at once," Laura stopped her short, reaching for her granddaughter to take over burping duty. "My little SiSi will be safe and happy with me," she cooed as she walked away towards the living room.

"Oh... okay," Olivia raised her arms helplessly as her mother disappeared around the corner with her daughter.

Heading towards the entryway to wait for Spencer, she checked her clutch to make sure she wasn't forgetting anything. Her lipstick, wallet, and phone were all tucked away in their place.

"I'll be counting down the minutes until I can get that dress off of you."

Olivia turned at the husky sound of Spencer's voice. Biting down on her bottom lip, she met him halfway, taking up all of his personal space. "Better turn that into hours, we have to get through this wedding first. But then, you can do whatever you want with me," she brought her thumb to his lip, dragging her finger down slowly, "in and out of the dress."

"Please don't forget your mother will be down the hall," Laura chimed in as she appeared in the archway.

A burning heat rose in Olivia's cheeks.

"You won't hear a thing," Spencer smirked, keeping his eyes on Olivia's ever reddening face.

"Okay," Olivia grimaced, slipping her hand into Spencer's and tugging it towards the door.

"Go off, have fun," Laura shooed as she rocked her sleeping grandchild in her arms. "I'll send updates."

"Bye baby," Olivia murmured, running back to check on Sienna one last time.

"Thank you, Mrs. Baker," Spencer grinned as he pulled the front door open. "Let's go woman."

_____

In the car, parked outside of the marina, Spencer's thumb circled the inside of Olivia's thigh.