happy wife

I got asked for a mother's day one shot a while back, but haven't thought of a fun way of doing it until now! Inspired by everyone's favorite opening scene.

_______________________

Having just had the most brilliant idea while putting her daughter to bed, Olivia walked into the room buzzing.

"How about - " she started excitedly, but cut herself short when her husband's eyes didn't leave his phone. Giving him a chance to redeem himself, she waited several seconds before clearing her throat loudly.

"You good?" Spencer side-eyed her from the bed as she stood midway between him and the door.

"All good," she grinned sarcastically, "just wanted to make sure my voice was working properly."

"Cool," he mumbled, his thumb flicking at the screen as he scanned through his emails.

He got through one message from JJ before he felt the weight of her stare boring into his face. Concerned for his own wellbeing, he slowly looked over at her again. She hadn't moved. "What?"

Crossing her arms, she widened her eyes at the phone until he begrudgingly set it down on the night stand.

"Okay," she clasped her hands, her face lighting up as the giddiness found its way back into her voice. "How about we go to Cabo next month?"

"I was kind of planning on picking up my training schedule by then. You know, start getting ready for camp."

"That's not until July. You'll still have more than two months to get into shape," she countered. Swinging her knee over his legs, she sat back onto his thighs. "I don't really know when you got out of shape anyways," she mumbled, scanning his thick biceps.

"It's been months since the post-season," he explained, resting his hands on her thighs. "I have to be in top shape at least a month before training. Which means I'll only have a month to get back. Maybe I should get started sooner," his voice got distant as his mind started to wander.

"Okay, okay," she brought him back, "how... about... you look at this as one last weekend of quality time with me before you go all in on the weights, and the running, and the whatever," she waved a hand at the air.

"Liv, you know I'm not into all that tanning stuff. Laying around for several days in a row? I just don't get it."

"We can go do other stuff, too," she pouted, taking his face in her hands.

"What other stuff?"

"I don't know, but I can come up with something. It would be nice to go for my first Mother's Day," she let her puppy dog eyes come out in full force while she stroked her thumb against his cheek.

"What if I have other plans already?" he challenged. He didn't have anything else lined up yet, but he could think of several options to consider.

"What if this is what I want to do?" she sung back to him.

"I have a brand meeting late that Friday. It's an important one that JJ's been working to get scheduled."

"I can tell you what else is important," she dropped her voice as her lips descended onto his neck. "Me... in a bikini... all day."

He let out a grunt as the visual played in his mind.

"You and me in a jacuzzi," she whispered, pulling away to find the hem of his shirt. "One of those real nice ones on the balcony overlooking the ocean."

He relaxed under her touch, his eyes fluttering shut as she peppered kisses along his jawline. Once she made it to his mouth, she pressed her lips to his.