childs play

This was a request - enjoy!

_______________

"Repeat after me," Olivia stood in front of her two roommates and best friends. "No... Spencer." Punctuating her words with her hands, she stared at them, widening her eyes when they failed to react.

Reluctantly, Tiana looked up from her phone while Rina sat with her chin planted on the palm of her hand. Neither of them were even remotely interested in Olivia's pre-party pep talk.

"I'm being serious," Olivia started pacing back and forth in front of them. "Spencer comes close to us, we relocate. Spencer tries to talk to one of us, we ignore him. Got it?"

"Yes ma'am," they groaned in union. Satisfied, Olivia grabbed her bag and headed out the door.

"When did she become a drill sergeant?" Rina mumbled as they followed their friend.

"I don't know, I think she's always kind of been like this," Tiana rolled her eyes, locking the door behind them.

_____

Standing along the back wall of the dimly lit living room, Olivia knew the exact moment that the football team made their appearance at the post-game frat party. There was always a clear shift in the room when they arrived at the parties after games. Freshly showered and decked out, they moved with confidence through the crowd as the partygoers gave way to their formidable statures.

When Jordan spotted her and broke away from the pack, Olivia held her breath as she watched from her peripheral to see if Spencer would follow. Choosing not to acknowledge her, he kept his gaze focused straight ahead as he followed his teammates into the kitchen.

"What's up, Liv," Jordan leaned over to kiss his sister's cheek.

"Hey," Olivia smiled. "Congrats on the win."

"Thanks. So, you still playing this game?" Jordan raised his eyebrows and looked over his shoulder towards the kitchen.

"Well, I haven't gotten an apology."

"Liv," Jordan sighed. "The man is sorry. He wants to talk, but you won't hear him out."

"Did he tell you to say that?" Olivia crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at her brother.

"No," Jordan let out slowly. "I just feel like this is going a little too far."

It had been a week since the boyfriend and girlfriend last spoke. Olivia was hell bent on making a point, but after she stopped coming by their dorm, Jordan was getting tired of going out of his way to hunt down his sister to check in on her.

"He knows what he has to do, but it was good seeing you," Olivia replied, reaching over for a hug, effectively ending the conversation.

"Fine. Text me if you need anything," Jordan pointed at her as he backed away to rejoin his guys.

"Yes, thank you," Olivia rolled her eyes, knowing that there was no way she was getting into any trouble with her brother and boyfriend in the room. Regardless of whether they were speaking or not, Spencer moved as if he was hired to act as her personal secret service.

"Come on, lets dance," Tiana tugged at her hand when she heard one of their favorite songs start blaring from the speaker.

On the dance floor, Olivia let loose and flung her arms over Tiana's shoulders. Rocking against her friend, she could feel the heat of his gaze as she let her head fall back, getting lost in the beat  of the music. Careful not to make eye contact, she flickered her eyes towards the corner of the room to see what he was wearing. He had gone with an all black look for the night, and his signature chain rest against his toned chest. He looked good. When she lingered a second too long, his eyes caught hers, and she quickly turned away.