sunday afternoon

hi, i haven't written anything fun in a while, so I decided to finish this random piece I started months ago. it was a random sunday, and i basically was picturing what a regular sunday would look like for them when they're towards the end of their college careers and thriving in their relationship.

basically no plot, just slight chaos and fluff.

_____

"We're going to be late," Olivia mumbled.

Her phone lit up at the edge of the counter. Through dazed eyes, she watched it vibrate in tight circles. Her boyfriend's hand tightened on her hip. He didn't even blink in the direction of the juddering.

A small gasp burst from her lips, her eyes melting closed. "Spencer, ba—"

By the time the vibrating stopped, Spencer was reining in his breathing, tucking himself back into his slacks, a smug smile on his lips. "Okay, now we're ready to go."

"We were ready ten minutes ago," she laughed, her breathing shallow.

"You thought you were just going to walk out that door in those heels?" Spencer muttered, helping her off the counter and holding her steady until she found her balance. "You're crazier than I thought, woman."

"We really have to go," she mumbled between pecks. "They're going to kill us."

Then right on cue, the phone started ringing again.

_____

Ahead of Spencer, Olivia strutted into the restaurant rambling her way through the apology speech she started at the door. "Sorry, sorry. Car problems."

"Mhm," Simone hummed.

But by the look on her friend's face, Olivia could see that she wasn't as bothered as she had expected. In fact, Simone's face looked relaxed. A little too blissed out.

"You guys finally made it."

Her brother's voice floated over from the direction of the bathroom. Caught up with Spencer when they had received the invite a few days back, she hadn't really considered the implications of this get together. Now, standing in front of the two closest people in her life, aside from her boyfriend, she frowned.

"Don't tell me," she whispered, her index finger jumping between the two of them.

Spencer's palm pressed into her back, lowering her into the booth. "We're allowed to sit, baby."

Shuffling into the booth, she glared at her brother, her finger still a dagger to his face. "If you hurt her again."

"Liv, I'm the one who broke up with him last time," Simone interjected.

"I swear to God," Olivia seethed. Her heart was racing, but the words kept pouring out of her mouth, "and everything that's holy. If you—"

"Liv," Simone pleaded.

"I am not dealing with the fall out again. Consider this a warning."

"Olivia," Jordan tried.

"And you're not taking my boyfriend away from me either for your little sob fest," she shot out.

"Liv," Spencer murmured.

"Not now, Spencer."

Simone tapped the table lightly, her eyes pleading. "Liv."

"Simone, we've talked about this. Are you sure? Because I can't watch you both..."

"Liv."

"Break each other's hearts again..."