bad news

Hello, hello. I wasn't going to post a one shot before finishing the next chapter, but the babies are back on tv and I got inspired.

_____

Olivia propped her head in her hand and reached out to graze her fingers along Spencer's chest. He slept peacefully on his side of the bed, one arm folded over his stomach, the other outstretched towards her thighs. Though he was back where he belonged, she couldn't help but feel sad for all that he wasn't there for. It had been a long week without him.

"Good morning, baby," his gruff voice pulled her from her thoughts. His sleepy eyes blinked up at her.

She smiled softly. "Good morning."

His hand closed the small gap between them and clamped down on her thigh, his fingers pressing into her flesh. Goosebumps spread around his grip. His touch never failed to have an effect on her.

"I missed you," he murmured.

She nodded, the melancholy keeping her words at bay.

"You didn't miss me?" He turned his neck to face her directly.

"I did," she mumbled quietly. Encouragingly.

Turning onto his side, he smiled. Then he pounced.

She laughed quietly while he peppered kisses over her face, but as the silence slowly took over, he pulled away. He furrowed his eyebrows, studying her face. Something was bothering her. No, not just bothering. She was ruminating. On what? He'd have to figure that part out.

"You want to tell me what's going on in that pretty mind of yours?"

"I'm just thinking." She offered another, weaker, smile.

"About?"

"About how much I missed you."

He analyzed her face a little longer. Her bottom lip was slightly sucked in, her top teeth digging into the silky flesh. She was lying. But he would let it go for now.

"I'm going to make you breakfast."

Her face brightened a little. "Okay."

Rolling into the middle of the bed, she watched him as he wandered around the room looking for his boxers.

When he turned around with them in hand, he cocked an eyebrow at her. "You're not coming with me?"

He knew her too well. Or maybe, just like her, he wanted her to be at his side. Either way it worked out for them both.

"I'm coming," she smiled. But she barely had the time to push back the covers before his arm looped around her waist and she was being thrown over his shoulder.

"I thought so."

On the way to the closet, his teeth sunk into her ass, and her heart fluttered at yet another one of his attempts to make her laugh. His sweetness never failed. But she didn't want to dampen his mood.

"Pancakes or waffles?" he asked as he handed her one of his t-shirts and a fresh pair of underwear.

"Surprise me." She shrugged, pulling the cotton panties up her long legs. When she straightened, she caught him gazing at her. "What?"

"Nothing," he shrugged back, sliding his hand into hers and leading her out.

In the kitchen, she followed closely as he prepped and stirred and poured. While the batter cooked, he stepped in front of her as she leaned back against the counter.

"You wanna tell me what's up?" he murmured, his thumb drawing comforting circles against her hip.

She looked up at his eyes, patient and undemanding. He wanted to know. He wanted to be there for her.