stress relief

Spencer was sitting in his dorm looking over plays for the upcoming bowl game when he heard an all too familiar voice arguing outside his door.

Walking out into the living room to see what all the commotion was about, he caught the tail end of a very one-sided conversation. In the center of the room stood Olivia, hands on her hips, staring down at a very confused-looking Jordan.

"You're useless," Olivia rolled her eyes at her twin before turning around and storming out of their dorm.

Jordan gaped at the door for a solid ten seconds before slowly turning to Spencer.

"Um, what was that about?" Spencer asked cautiously.

"She asked me what color wrapping paper to use for our joint Christmas gift for mom and dad," he explained.

"And?" Spencer raised his eyebrows, not understanding the big deal.

"I think I picked the wrong one...." Jordan stood up in a daze. "She's insane, like actually insane," he threw his hands up in frustration.

Trying to hold in his laugh, Spencer returned to his room, grateful that he's been spared from his girlfriend's wrath.

Considering that Olivia has been on some kind of revenge tour for the past two weeks, the interaction did not surprise Spencer. With the Fall semester winding down, her workload was at an all time high, and Spencer couldn't remember the last time they had a conversation that didn't revolve around her schedule.

But just as he was settling back into bed, Olivia came through his door.

"Sorry babe, I saw you there and didn't even say hi," she apologized, coming to him for a peck.

"I'm surprised Jordan let you back in," he looked at her in amusement.

"He'll get over it," she waved her hand at the air, "I just want to make sure we have all our Christmas presents ready for when we go back home. I need to get this off my to-do list so that I'm not thinking about it mid-showcase this weekend. Did you get your gift for Ms. Grace?"

"Yes," he nodded, wrapping his hands around her waist.

"And Dillon?"

"Yes ma'am," his hands slowly inched under her shirt.

"See why can't Jordan be more like you?" Olivia ignored his advances, pulling out her phone to check her calendar.

"Babe, not to take sides, but you did tell Jordan that you'd handle it," he pulled her closer.

Looking up from her phone, Olivia shot him a look of disapproval.

"Sorry," he mumbled, leaning in to her neck, hovering his lips over her skin.

When he made contact, Olivia's hand came up to his chest, "babe, I don't have time. I have a meeting with my editor in 20 minutes, then I have to study for my exam on Friday, and then rehearsal at five. Natasha is like a maniac this week. You'd think this is our last showcase ever with the way she'd been acting."

Spencer tilted his head at her choice of words.

"Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and let you know I wasn't ignoring you," she unwrapped herself from his embrace, giving him a quick kiss before rushing out.

"Aight, see you later," he called after her, unsure of whether that was actually going to happen.

Letting her go, he was certain someone was about to be real stressed somewhere on this campus. He said a quick prayer for whoever was next on her list, then went about his day.