terrible two's

"What do we do with it?" Spencer turned to Olivia.

"Don't look at me, it was your idea," Olivia shot a look at him even though they were sitting in the dark.

"Sorry," he muttered.

After a few minutes of silence, Olivia felt his hand make contact with her thigh.

"What are you doing?!" she whispered, slapping his hand away.

"I don't know. I figured might as well have some fun while we wait," he shrugged.

"I'm never having sex with you again," she scooted away from him, hitting her head against an open drawer, "ow, fuck."

Spencer chuckled, trying not to be too loud.

"I'm serious."

"Okay, I believe you."

"How do you think we got here?"

"I don't know you seemed pretty into it when you were moaning faster, daddy, ugh right there. cum in me," he mocked her, his voice getting higher and shaky as he went on.

"One day you're going to wake up and you're going to be missing some body parts."

"Okay, too far."

"It's been 30 minutes. We haven't heard anything in 10. I say we investigate," Olivia suggested.

"Okay."

"You go first," she demanded.

Spencer got up and slowly opened the door to their walk-in closet, the natural light flooding in. He offered his hand to Olivia to help her up.

"I can get up myself," she grabbed a drawer handle to pull herself up.

"Okay," he laughed.

Spencer led the way out of the closet, stepping quietly. He checked around the room, trying to find the reason for their hiding. His shoulders relaxed when he spotted their son sleeping on the floor, his arm stretch out under their bed.

"I think the coast is clear," he whispered back to Olivia.

"Finally, I - "

"DADDY!!" 

"Lord, have mercy," Olivia u-turned quickly back into the closet, leaving Spencer alone to deal with his offspring.

"Toy," Jackson pointed desperately under the bed.

Reaching under the bed, Spencer grabbed the toy car in one hand while scooping his son up with the other.

"How about we take a nap, huh? Doesn't that sound fun?" he suggested, carrying Jackson to his bedroom.

"No!!!!" Jackson screamed, not stopping for 30 seconds straight. He wiggled himself out of Spencer's grip, the rug breaking his fall. Unfazed, he got up and ran down the hall.

"Get out!" Sienna yelled and slammed the door after shoving her little brother out of her room.

"Olivia's gonna kill me," he muttered, going after Jackson.

"No slamming doors, please!" Spencer reminded her, opening her door back up.

When Jackson turned two last month, Spencer and Olivia thought they were prepared. After their first go around with Sienna, they knew what to expect. Or so they thought. Apparently, Jackson decided that the terrible two's were overrated and decided to take it up a notch. The terrorizing two's was a more fitting name for what Spencer and Olivia were now dealing with.

Even with the door closed, Olivia could hear the conversation throughout the house loud and clear. As annoyed as she was, she felt blessed to have Spencer here to help manage the chaos. For someone who ran around yelling and dodging tackles for a living, he was extremely calm when it came to their children.