new roommate

This one's kinda random, but Coop's been funny lately and I wanted to do something different lol

_____

"I don't know if this is a good idea, Liv," Coop called out nervously from the sidewalk. The pair had been taking a leisurely sunset stroll along the beach and were now making their way back to the beach house.

"We can't just leave it here," Olivia crouched into the bush, batting away the branches in an attempt to reach further.

"Spencer's not much of a cat person," Coop stared at her determined roommate's back with wide-eyes.

"Good thing I'm not keeping it at Spencer's," Olivia turned proudly with a small kitten in her arms.

"You don't mean... you're taking it to our place... do you?" Coop eyed the animal wearily.

"It needs somewhere to stay," Olivia shrugged.

"When I said Spencer's not much of a cat person, I meant Spencer and I are not really cat people."

"Well... are you allergic?" Olivia raised an eye brow.

"If I say yes, will you put it back?"

Taking that as a no, Olivia smiled triumphantly. "It's settled then, say hello to our new house pet! I'll even let you name it."

"I'm good," Coop followed Olivia as they approached the front steps of the beach house. "I'm serious though, Spencer doesn't mess with cats. And I know you don't want him to stop coming over for y'alls little sleepovers."

Turning towards Coop, Olivia gave her an exasperated look. "Spencer's not going to stop coming over. Plus, he won't even know it's there," Olivia brushed her off. Having an idea, she opened her large tote bag and carefully lowered the fluffy white kitten into her purse. "See."

"You playin' with fire girl, but go on," Coop gestured towards the door.

When they walked into the beach house, Jordan and Spencer were finally back from their evening workouts.

"Hey baby," Spencer lit up when he saw Olivia come through the door.

"Hi," she smiled, heading over to kiss him on the cheek.

"Sup Coop. Sup Liv," Jordan greeted them from the other side of the counter.

"Why don't you put your bag down. We can chill for a bit before heading over to your place," Spencer nodded towards the entryway bench.

"No, it's okay," Olivia brushed him off. Instead, she took a seat on the couch, attempting to act natural.

Distracted by his chips and salsa, Spencer didn't take notice of anything unusual. Coop just shook her head slowly.

"How was your workout?"

"Same as usual -"

Before he could delve any further, a soft purr sounded through the living room.

"What was that?" Jordan looked up from his phone.

"What was what?" Olivia furrowed her eyebrows and avoided Coop's gaze.

Another low meow.

"That noise."

"I don't hear it," Olivia shrugged.

Meanwhile, Spencer's eyes were darting around everyone in the room.

"You sure, Liv? Sounds like it's coming from near you," Coop piped up.

Now that all eyes were on her, Olivia shot a death glare at her roommate.

"What's in the bag, Liv?" Spencer asked as he connected the dots.