Chapter Twenty-Seven

#BD27 — Always

"Celestine," malambing na tawag ni Mommy sa pangalan ko.

"Mamaya na po ako," pagtanggi ko.

Kanina pa niya ako kinukulit para lumabas na sa kwarto ko at kumain ng agahan. May usapan kami ni Drake ngayon pero hindi ko pa rin magawang bumangon dahil sa kahihiyan. I initiated the kiss last night! Ni hindi ko nga iyon ginawa noon sa mga ex ko, e. They have been always the one who initiates it, not me.

"Drake's waiting for you outside." I heard her fix the book that I left on my study table. "May usapan daw kayo," aniya.

Napabalikwas bigla ako ng bangon. "H-he's here na?" Tanong ko.

She nodded and sat on the edge of my bed, facing me. "Are you happy with him?"

"Of course, Mommy," I answered, laughing a little.

"Do you want to go back with them?" She smiled. "I can fix our papers for that and I can also work for your Tita Tamara for the meantime," she said.

I furrowed my brows at her. "I won't let you do that, Mom. You were mistreated by their family! Both of my parents were in danger and it was her father's fault!"

"It wasn't your Tita Tamara's fault, napag-usapan na natin ito."

"I love and respect Tita Tamara because she's Drake and Audrey's mother, and she also helped me in a lot of ways, too, but I cannot just turn a blind eye on them, Mommy!" I sighed. "Mr. Javier still has his connections inside Tita's company, he'll hurt you again," I exclaimed.

"You can be with Audrey and Drake again if we'll go back to the states with them. I'll work for their company for the meantime, Anak, hindi naman ako magtatagal," she insisted.

"That doesn't sound good to me."

"You love Drake and you want to be with him, right? Because being with him makes you happy and safe. It will make my princess happy and that is all that I want."

"Drake never failed to make me feel safe and at home but that reason isn't enough for me to let you put your guards down and sacrifice just for the sake of my happiness." Nilingon ko muna si Mommy habang inaayos ang pinaghigaan ko. "I lost my father because of that incident and I don't want to lose you, too. I can't trust the Javiers, no, scratch that, I don't want to trust them."

Nirerespeto ko si Tita Tamara bilang nanay ng dalawang pinakamamahal kong tao sa mundo at dahil na rin sa pakikitungo at pagtrato niya sa akin. She treats me like her own child. She makes me feel like I'm really part of their family and I know that she is deeply sorry for what happened in the past but I can't just let my guards down that easily.

"But the man you love is a Javier and has the blood of Mr. Javier," she said sarcastically.

I frowned at her. "Mom, naman! Drake's not like his grandfather, 'no!"

My mother laughed before giving me a soft kiss on the cheek. Pagkalabas ni Mommy sa kwarto, dumiretso na ako agad sa banyo para maligo at magayos. Hindi ko naman kasi inaasahan na ganito kaaga pupunta rito si Drake dahil ang usapan namin ay before lunch kami aalis papuntang Tagaytay.

"Good Morning," bati ni Drake nang makita akong dahan-dahang isinasara ang pintuan ng kwarto ko.

I can't even look at him straight to his eyes! Jusko! Naligo naman na ako pero parang hindi pa rin nawawala sa sistema ko iyong nangyari kagabi. Kung pwede nga lang magpalamon sa lupa siguro ay kanina ko pa ginawa.

I forced a smile. "Good Morning."

"Let's eat? Tita Katherine left already. She has a meeting with a client."