Chapter Twenty-Nine

#BD29 — Back to December

"Good Evening, Ladies and Gentlemen!" Bati ni Fourthsky nang makatungtong na kami sa entablado. "Business can be hard. Heck, life can be hard so I genuinely hope that each and every one of you are having a good time tonight. Sit back, relax, and enjoy!"

Everyone in this afterparty raised their glasses up when Fourthsky ended his greetings. Nagaayos pa rin kasi kami ni Kazuo rito habang abala si Fourthsky sa pagbati sa mga guests nila kaya hindi na kami nagtaas ng baso. Drake refused to play with us kaya ako na lang muna ang papalit sa pwesto niya.

"Good Evening!" I smiled while holding the glass of champagne that one of the waiters handed me here on stage. "Our friends asked us to play for tonight, some sort of little reunion for our old band back in the summer before my first-year college journey."

Fourthsky started to strum the guitar and it is my song that he played which made my jaw drop. "She's a year younger than us but she also had her own band back in the states! What a talented lady. Let us all raise a toast for Dra. Celestine Lim!"

"Anyways, this song is for anyone who has ever experienced loss because of their own faults that lead to that heart-aching loss and for all of the unsaid words that we chose to keep inside.  I wrote this song years ago before I enter med school, and these guys right here?" I pointed at Kazuo who is now softly hitting his drums and Fourthsky who is busy strumming his guitar, giving everyone a small smile. "They helped me turn this song into a masterpiece."

"Tumulong din ako, ah!" Sigaw ni Travis galing sa lamesa naming magkakaibigan.

Tinawanan na lang namin siya at hindi na nagabalang sumagot pa. I strummed the guitar that should be Drake's for this night's performance but he already stopped playing the moment he went back to America, according to his sister.

It's hard to see him drift away from our first love.

He used to be into music and bands just like me but maybe... going back to America really did change him.

I'm so glad you made time to see me

How's life? Tell me, how's your family?

I haven't seen them in a while

This one is for you, Drake. It was always for you.

You've been good, busier than ever

We small talk, work, and the weather

Your guard is up and I know why

You've been hurt, too. You chose to hide your true feelings for me just like what I did and it broke us. It made us develop some sort of trust issues with each other when it comes to our real feelings. It made love complicated for me. It made me put a distance between us because it was a forbidden love between two childhood best friends that can hurt the person they both treasure the most.

"Because the last time you saw me is still burned in the back of your mind... You gave me roses and I left them there to die..." I sang it with my eyes closed, strumming the guitar gently.

"Celestine, tama na 'yan," ani ni Yuriko habang pilit na kinukuha sa kamay ko iyong baso ng whiskey on the rocks at nililinis iyong sira-sirang bulaklak na pinadala sa akin ni Drake kanina sa condo.

I brought the bouquet of flowers with me kahit sa club naman ni Fourthsky ang punta ko dahil hindi ko kayang iwan ito sa condo. I've had enough of shit. Hindi pa ba sapat iyong video na 'yon? Kailangan pa ba niya magpadala ng ganito para saktan ako ulit?

"He... he fucking ghosted me! Tapos ano? Bigla ko na lang mababalitaan na sila na uli ni Kelsey? Magpapadala na naman siya ng bulaklak sa bahay? Pucha! What did I do ba? Sinusubukan ko naman, e!" I exclaimed.