Chapter Thirty-Nine

#BD39 — Her "Always"

"Cole... Hey, Drake Cole... Wake up..." I felt someone tapping my shoulders but I was too drunk to check who it was. It's just probably Koby or one of our friends. This is all Fourthsky's fault. He was the one who invited me to drink with his cousin and his friends! I'm good as dead once Celestine heard about this.

"Bro... Drake..." I moved a little when I felt someone slapping my face a little while shouting so loud and said, "Wake up, Gago! Andito na si Celestine!"

But it still wasn't enough to wake me up. My head's aching so bad. I must've drunk a lot of Hennessy because of Koby. I tried to wake myself up but I couldn't because the alcohol in my system was too powerful. Not until I heard Koby's voice saying the nickname that I gave to my favorite woman.

"Drake! Umuwi ka na! Andito na 'yung sinasabi mong Tash!" He tapped my shoulders and said, "Yari ako nito kay Fourth, p're!"

I forced myself to open my eyes and said with annoyance, "Don't fucking call her Tash."

Koby's lips parted. "Ayun kasi ang pangalan niya sa phone mo... Pasensya na," he laughed.

Kazuo helped me get up but someone grabbed me by the shirt and caused me to fall back to my seat. "The fuck, Kelsey?!" I retorted.

I massaged the temples of my head while letting Kazuo help me walk but we were once again interrupted by Kelsey. I saw how Celestine clenched her fist which made me smirk a little bit. But when my eyes landed on Kelsey's, anger suddenly filled me in. She wrapped her hand around my arm and asked, "Makikita pa naman kita ulit, right?"

I immediately removed her hand that was wrapped around my arm before walking towards Kazuo. I sighed before asking him to come closer—I need to whisper something to him. "Let's go out now and stay outside for a while."

Kazuo's brows furrowed. "Bakit? Hinihintay na tayo nila Rei sa kanila."

"I need to talk to Celestine first," I answered before massaging the temples of my head. "And please, keep Kelsey away from my sight. I don't want another issue with her."

"Bakit ka kasi uminom kasama ex mo?"

"I didn't know that she'd be here!" I defensively said. "When Fourth and I arrived, there was no sign of girls at our place."

Kazuo shook his head. "Yari ka kay Celest."

"I know, okay?" I ran my fingers through my hair. "My head hurts so bad just help me, dude."

***

"Ang sarap!" Astrid gladly said.

"Walang kupas, Chef Yuri!" Fourthsky added.

Yuriko smiled. "Tinulungan ako ni Celestine diyan," she said.

"Really?" Audrey looked at Celestine with confusion written all over her face. "You're studying how to cook na?" She asked.

Celestine nodded her head slowly and said, "Kinda."

"Why? What for?" Audrey asked.

"Uuwi na si Mommy next month. I want to cook for her, 'yun lang," Celestine answered before drinking her water.

Silence enveloped us but I could feel everyone's stares. They were looking at me, to Celestine, then back to me again. Their stares felt like daggers. As if I did commit a crime or something. These people are too weird, in all honesty. But they are my friends—I guess I'm weird, too.

"Excuses lang niya 'yon." Fourthsky shook his head. "Nagpapaturo 'yan para kay Drake..." he whispered.

Celestine was nearly choked because of Fourthsky's bluntness which made me narrow my eyes at him. Our friends tried to prevent themselves from dying from their laughter but they failed.