Prologue

"How are you feeling today?" The doctor asked.

"Tired." The patient replied as she exuded a deep sigh.

"I see. Is yesterday better or today worse?" He added.

The nurse approached her closer and checked her IV bag.

"Worse."

"I'll be back to check you later. I'll get going first. You go ahead and take a rest."

"Thank you doc."

The white-haired doctor smiled and left with the dark blue-haired nurse.

She stared at the window with hopeless thoughts.

'What's the point of all of these when I'm going to die either ways?'

It's been six months since she was admitted to the hospital.

Before she came here, she was easily tired and lost weight even though it was unplanned. She had recurrent nosebleeds and fainted often.

That's the time where her parents decided to bring her here. They wanted to know what's wrong with her.

The doctor declared that she had stage four leukemia.

They said that her survival rate is low since her body is really weak and her red blood cells are overtaken by the cancer cells.

It was the first time they saw a condition like hers.

Others would have 83% of survival rate after 5 years of diagnosis but her illness... it was another kind.

When she heard her condition, she lost all hope.

Her future plans, the things she wanna do, the places she wanna go, the foods she wants to eat.. She can do none of them right now.

Fate is too cruel for a sixteen year old girl like her.

She looked at her pale skin tone. It's a sign that she only has little red blood cells remaining in her body.

*Knock* *Knock*

"Hey." Her brother walked in whilst carrying a basket of fruits.

"You're here."

"Sister told me to give this to you." He handed her a box.

She opened it and saw a brand new smartphone.

"Haha.. she's really giving this to me?"

"Yeah." He looked gloomy despite the smiling face.

"I always wanted this one way before I got admitted. Give her my thanks."

"I got it. You rest first. I'll be back to visit you at 6pm."

She nodded.

After that, her older brother left and she opened her new phone and the system was still processing.

When the system was done processing, that's it. This was the thing that she always wanted. She wanted to click on these apps, scroll down on social media and even take pictures and play.

So that's how it feels to have a new phone.

She texted her best friend Jillian. Luckily, she still remembered her number.

[Me: Hey.]

[Jillian: Yes? Who is this?]

[Me: It's me, silly. How could you forget your own best friend.]

[Jillian: What?! Is that really you?! Rina?]

[Me: Haha.. yes. It's me.]

[Jillian: Where have you been these past six months? Our classmates are looking for you! And I miss you too!]

[Me: I miss you too. I received my new phone that's why I get to chat with you.]

[Jillian: Really?! The one that you've always wanted?! Omg that's great!]

[Me: Yeah.]

[Jillian: Wait, since you have a new phone.. Oh! There's an otome game that went trending lately. Wanna try playing it?]

[Me: Sure.]

'I think playing it once won't hurt. I've always been bored anyways..'

Jillian and her chatted for a while and after few minutes, she tried downloading the game that she recommended.

The title of the game was...

"Love You to Death"

...

*Knock* *Knock*

"Rina."

"Hm? You're already here?" She responded, her eyes still glued to the phone.

The girl's name was Rina.

She's been playing the otome game since earlier and it really was intriguing.

"I brought dinner."

Rina smelled a scent of fried chicken but it didn't rise her appetite.

It's been five hours since she played the game and she cleared all the heroine's route.

It was an easy game with a complicated plot.

Rina let go of her phone and looked at her brother.

His eyes widened and he had a shocked expression when he looked at her face.

"Ri- Rina-"

*Drip*

'Huh?'

She felt something wet and sticky flow from her nose.

Rina wiped her nose and saw blood in her fingers. She had a nosebleed.

'What's new about it?'

She wondered why her brother looked like he was in shock then realized later on that it was his first time seeing blood coming out from her nose.

"This is nothing. Can you hand me the wipes-"

*Cough*

She coughed once. Only once.

Blood splattered on her white hospital clothes and her hand was tainted.

"Rina!" Her brother immediately pressed the emergency button beside her bed.

Meanwhile, she was suffering.

She couldn't take it anymore. Pain is evident all over her body and she felt bruised.

*Cough* *Cough*

Again, blood came out of her mouth.

Though her vision was a bit blurry, she could still see the doctor and nurses coming inside of the room.

Rina slowly closed her eyes and  felt darkness overcome her.

.
.
.

Somewhere in a certain hospital room, a doctor is performing resuscitation process on his patient.

"Clear!"

The resuscitation was already done thrice but the patient showed no signs of breathing.

*Beeeeeeeep*

The patient monitoring device sounded a long beep, indicating that the patient is already gone.

The doctor opened his tight lips and announced;

"Rina Desmond. Time of death, 6:50 pm of November 13, XXXX"