Chapter 39

"What?"

Catherina couldn't believe what she just heard.

Owen told her that she didn't die from a simple sickness, but it was a planned death.

The two of them were facing each other on the sofa. And in the midst was the fireplace.

"I don't understand..."

"I'll explain it to you. Remember the time when I went away for four years?"

"Yes."

"That time, the empress ordered me to get a rare flower named Blue Flower's Tears. In a book, that flower was known to aid beauty that's why the empress wanted it. But it was fake. The flower is poison. It could kill."

"The empress?"

"And she planted a spy on your household. Which I think, is that bi- that woman, your maid." Owen almost said a harsh word in front of her.

"Emma?"

"Yes. I think that the empress knew later on that it was poison so she discarded the idea to use it on herself."

"But- Why is Emma included here?"

"Rina, I want to ask something."

"Go ahead."

"Before you died, did you experience frequent nosebleeds, fatigue, and even coughing up blood before dying?"

'That! How did he know?'

"Yes. I did."

"That's it. That's the effect of Blue Dragon's Tears' poison once you are fed with it daily."

Catherina paused for a moment.

This was a shock to her.

"My lady, I prepared your tea."

"My lady, I put honey on it."

"Your tea is ready, my lady. I added milk and honey today as well."

It was everyday.

"Emma is the empress' spy. But why would she kill me? The empress even treated me nicely. I can't think of a reason why the empress wants me gone."

"Is it because I'm mother's daughter? She hated mother to the core..."

'Is this why the Owen in the game came to be a villain? Is this why he hated the empress and heroine? It's because of me?'

"We treated Emma like our own family... But she betrayed us." Catherina cried.

"Oh no, she's crying."

"What do we do?"

"Let's kill those whores!"

"Make Rina happy!"

Owen couldn't stand seeing her cry.

He knelt in front of her and wiped her tears.

"Do you want me to kill them?" He asked nicely.

"How- How could you say that with a harmless face?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Tell me what you want to do. I'll help you."

Catherina calmed herself down.

Crying won't do anything. Right now, she wanted to see her family the most.

Owen said that he stole her body during the funeral so they must've been really shocked.

She wants her life back. She wants to punish the empress and Emma.