Chapter 30

*Clank*

Later that same day, in the evening, Owen was finally released.

The news of Catherina's death hasn't reached Owen's ears yet since he was in the innermost part of the palace.

"Her majesty won't see you off since she said that you're utterly useless for her now." Ash, the empress's shadow stated.

"Like hell we want to see her!"

"There's only one person whom we want to see and that is Rina."

"I can finally see her."

"Let's get out of here."

As soon as the magic-restraining handcuffs were unlocked, Owen was finally free. He felt his mana flowing continuously inside him again but he still needs time to recover.

The wolf's bane scent was barely there and he was already longing to get out of that place.

But before leaving his cell, he wanted to do something.

Owen glared at Ash.

That man was the one who abducted him. Because of him, he didn't see Rina for almost two months.

"What-"

*THWACK!*

Applying all the strength that he had, Owen heavily landed a blow on Ash's face.

"Ack-!"

"I don't want to see your face again but I'll be back for you soon." Owen muttered in a cold tone.

"And tell this to the empress. Once I regain my full strength,

I will absolutely kill her."

Owen used teleportation magic and disappeared in a flash.

'Rina. I'm coming to see you.'

...

"Urk-"

Owen arrived in the Dwight territory. He was currently at the backyard since it was also the place near Catherina's balcony.

Outside the garden, he leaned on a tree for a bit.

As expected, his body was too tired to move. After all, he just got extracted from his magic and he was currently physically weak.

But he wanted to see Rina already.

That less than two months  without her felt like forever.

"Look! Rina's room is bright!"

"She must still be awake."

"I wanna see her alreadyyy."

"I miss her boohoo-"

Even the fairies wanted to meet her already.

*Pitter*

*Patter*

It started raining all of a sudden.

'I need to hurry.'

Owen speedily teleported on Catherina's balcony to check on her.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Rina?"

Back in the days, Owen told Rina that if she heard that knocking sign, it was him, waiting outside.

But there was no response yet.

He impatiently opened the balcony doors and slid the curtains aside-

"!!!"