Chapter 10

After reading the letter, Catherina looked at the starry ball in front of her.

That ball was the same ball which teleported her inside the tower where the villain resided.

And she noticed that it never took effect in teleportation until she uttered a location.

So it means that teleportation only works once the destination is confirmed.

"Rina!"

Out of nowhere, she heard Callahan's small voice coming from the ball.

"Brother?" Catherina observed the ball closely.

"It's me. I forgot to mention that teleportation only works once you utter your destination. And it only works five times so use it wisely."

'I knew it. But.. five times? So I only have four left?'

"I get it. Thank you, brother."

"No problem."

No sooner than that, the communication was then cut off.

"..."

'Should I go out?'

.
.
.

Catherina asked permission from her parents and prepared herself to go out.

She wanted to buy something. A present.

"I will be your escort today, young miss."

A knight was assigned to her for the outing today.

The knight looked like he was in his twenties. He was tall and of fine built.

'I wish I could grow soon.'

"Please take care of me."

They rode the carriage for ten minutes.

*Thud*

Catherina could hear the horses neighing as the carriage stopped.

"We have arrived, young miss." The coachman announced.

The knight got off first and he escorted Catherina out.

"Thank you."

In front of her was a store. It was the same store where they bought a present for the prince's birthday six years ago.

That shop is famous for its originality in making giveaways and gifts especially to nobles

"Welcome!"

Catherina was the only one who entered as the knight only waited outside.

She took her time in wandering around the place and looked for a suitable present.

"This one looks nice."

It was a bracelet.

The body of it was silver and there was a single sapphire placed in the middle.

'Will this be okay?'

"Excuse me." Catherina approached the man on the front desk.

"How can I help, young miss?"

"This." She handed him the bracelet. "Can I request for an amethyst with the same size of this sapphire to be embedded beside it?"

"Hmm, you have good eyes young miss. Alright. I'll look into your request."

"Thank you." She smiled. "When will it arrive?"

"It won't take long. About 5 to 6 hours I guess. Here. Just write your household name here and we'll send it to you." He gave me a paper.

"Okay."

Catherina started jotting down the information and gave it to him after she finished writing.

"Catherina Dwight? Sounds familiar. Dwight... Where have I heard it again..?"

"Then, I'll get going first. I'll be waiting for the product to arrive."

"Oh, okay. Thank you for visiting this shop." He thanked.

"..Dwight? Wait, the hero of the empire?! Don't tell me-!"

She could hear the shopkeeper's words even when she was already outside.

'I hope it arrives soon.'

After visiting the shop and getting the thing she wanted, they went straight towards home.

There she waited for the product to arrive. Catherina just read some books while waiting.

"Tea, young miss." A maid served.

"Ah, thank you."

She sipped on the tea and sighed.

After reading a book, Catherina wandered around in the garden and looked at the flowers for a bit.

"Young miss! A delivery has arrived!" Another maid came running as she made the announcement.

"!!!"

Catherina ran towards the gate and saw a carriage with a logo the same as the logo of that shop.

She went to receive the product in person and signed the confirmation.

"Thank you!"

"What is it, Rina?" Callahan suddenly popped out from nowhere.

"It's a bracelet. Wanna see?"

He nodded.

She opened the parcel and showed him the bracelet.

"Look, brother. Isn't the sapphire and amethyst complementing each other? It looks really beautiful."

"I agree, it's good. The design is made greatly as well. Is it yours?" He asked.

"It's a gift for someone."

"Who is it? Is it me?" He showed a toothy grin.

"Silly brother. It's not for you. It's for someone special. A friend."

"What- who is that someone that it's making your brother less special?" He sulked.

"It's brother Stephen."

"What?!"

"Pft- hahaha! I'm kidding! Hahh.. haha. I'll get going bye!" Catherina ran towards my room in quick speed.

"Rina wait-!"

.
.
.

Catherina held the ball and felt her mana flowing inside it.

"Imperial tower."

As she uttered the destination, she felt wind surrounding her after.

*Swoosh*

She opened her eyes and looked around.

'I'm here.'

There was no one inside the room she was in but there was something that caught her eye.

"Is that.."

She saw the same painting that was painted six years ago. The small Catherina.

'It still looks new.'

The painting was preserved well and it looked good as new.

While standing still, she heard footsteps running towards where she was.

*SLAM*

The door banged open and a panting young man arrived.

"Rina!" His expression was bright.

It was Owen.

"Hello." Catherina waved her hand.

She looked at his eyes and can't help but get attracted to it over and over again. Like sapphire and amethyst, it really was beautiful.

Seeing his face suddenly reminded me of the hug and kiss.

'What- What am I thinking..?'