Chapter 11

"How boring."

Owen uttered words of ennui as he sat on the chair all alone.

"Yeah. It's so boring without Rina."

"I want to see her."

"I wish she'll teleport here like what she did few days ago.

"Can't you just go to her instead?"

"!!!"

Owen's eyes widened out of surprise as he felt someone's mana enter his residence.

The same mana as Rina's

"It's her!"

"Go meet her!"

He was currently on the top of the tower while the presence of the mana was on the second floor.

The floor where he put that painting.

He ran as fast as he can and finally,

He arrived.

*SLAM*

The moment he opened the door, there he saw the appearance of the person whom he was yearning for.

"Rina!"

"Hello." She smiled

"So pretty!"

"That smile! Capture it!"

"My eyes!"

"Ahh!!! So adorable!!"

Rina walked towards Owen and gave him the wrapped gift. "It's for you."

"It's a gift!"

"Open it!"

'Quiet.' With that single command from Owen, the fairies' mouths were zipped.

He wanted this moment to be just Rina and him without anyone to bother them.. not even those fairies.

"Really?" He responded with a smile.

"Yes. Open it."

*Thump* *Thump*

Owen could hear his heartbeat thumping loudly and it was because of the girl in front of him.

Without knowing it, his face was red as tomato as he slowly opened the gift.

The wrap was uncovered and he saw a bracelet that was pure silver, embedded with two jewels that had the same color with his eyes.

"It originally only had a sapphire gem but I remembered your other eye color so I asked the shopkeeper to embed an amethyst on it." Rina explained.

*THUMP* *THUMP* *THUMP*

Owen could feel his hands getting cold out of nervousness.

He was looking for the right word to describe what he was feeling right now.

Is it attraction? Fondness? Or like?

Yes, he felt those at first but there was one more word to define it.

'Ah...

It's love.'

He's been in love all this time. Catherina is his first love.

He found it awkward now that he's conscious about his feelings towards Rina.

But embarrassment aside, he just wants to hug her right now. Or maybe give her a light kiss.

"On the lips!!"

He even considered what the fairies said but they were too young for now.

Maybe when they're all grown up, he'll do that. The kiss on the lips.

He'll just go for the forehead in the meantime.

"!!!" Rina's face was surprised.

*Swoosh*

After he did the kiss, she disappeared once again.

He noticed that Rina will teleport back everytime she is either embarrassed or surprised.

'How cute.' He chuckled.

He kissed the bracelet that Rina gave him and wore it like a curious child receiving a first gift.

He'll likely treat the bracelet as a precious treasure.

Now,...

He can't wait to see her again.

.
.

Catherina looked outside the window and the sun was already setting.

*Thump* *Thump*

She could still hear her heart beating rapidly.

It goes like that everytime Owen does that cheeky move. Catherina meant the kiss on the forehead.

'There are only three left.'

Since she already used the ball to teleport twice, she only have three turns left.

Catherina won't be visiting the tower for now since..

It's too embarrassing.

.
.
.

As morning approached, her mother helped Catherina prepare herself since today is the day where Dorothea will host the tea party in the palace.

"What color would suit her best? White? Or pale yellow?" A maid asked.

"Everything would suit Rina well." Mother uttered. "How about you choose, Rina."

Catherina glanced at the dresses and all of them were designed beautifully. Some had dark colors and others were hues of light colors.

'Oh.'

She saw one that caught her eye.

"How about that light blue dress. It looks nice and pleasing in the eye."

"Alright. Whatever you want. Help her get dressed." Mother ordered.

"Yes, madame." The maids replied in unison.

..

"Wow."

"Young miss is so beautiful."

"If young miss were to debut on her 16th birthday I'm sure many would like to take her hand."

"All eyes would be on her."

Catherina looked at the mirror and they really did a great job.

If it was her past self, she would've thought that she's looking at a doll right now.

"Thank you."

"Oh no, my baby is grown up already. What if you get married so sudden?" Her mother hugged her.

Catherina just giggled at her mother's remark. "I'm still twelve, mother."

"That's the problem! You're already twelve! At that age, your father already considered me as his marriage candidate! I still want you with me for a long time." She acted like she was sobbing.

"Madame, it's already time." A maid interrupted.

"I know. Rina, I hope you enjoy the party." She kissed my cheek.

"I will."

Since she was all ready, she took my twenty-minute journey ride towards the palace.