Chapter 19

As Catherina opened her heavy eyes, she sat up from her bed and stretched her limbs.

The dark blue sky outside indicated that it was still dawn.

She was in a good mood right now. Last night, she dreamt of seeing Owen. The two of them even hugged.

That dream alone made her feel like she was floating.

Catherina landed her sight on the drawer beside her. There she saw a box wrapped with ribbon.

She reached for the box and untied its ribbon. She opened it and inside it was an ornament with fine design and gems. It was a hair accessory.

Below the accessory was a letter card. Catherina picked up the letter and read it.

[A gift as a thank you for last night's hug

-Owen]

*Thump* *Thump* *Thump*

Catherina couldn't hear anything except her loud heart's thumping.

She covered her body with the blanket out of embarrassment.

'So it wasn't a dream? Owen is really back?' Her eyes widened as she covered her mouth with both hands.

*Knock* *Knock*

The door opened slightly and her mother's view entered her sight.

"Rina? It's time to prepare for your debut." Carla checked if Rina was still sleeping.

"I- Yes, mother." Catherina stood up and walked towards her mother.

"Ahh, I've been waiting for this moment. My girl is all grown up now." Carla gave Rina a light kiss on her forehead before wrapping her with a hug.

*Thump* *Thump*

The rapid beating was still there. Even Catherina's mother could hear it.

"Hm? Are you nervous?"

"That-! Er, yes." Catherina smiled as she blushed.

"Don't worry. I was like that too when I was your age." Her mother chuckled.

"...."

Catherina was too embarrassed to say that the cause of her loud heartbeat was from another reason.

"And did you know? When I debuted, your father was the first one who offered me the first dance. He even ignored my escort who was my brother and just snatched me away back then."

"Really? Pft- haha!"

The mother and daughter laughed and continued to chat for a bit. After few talks and giggles, Catherina prepared for her debut.

The whole mansion was hectic.

The preparation took almost a whole day. Maidservants were busy all day. From the skin care routine, bathing, makeup to getting dressed up, it took a long time for everything to get ready.

After that, Catherina was ready to go.

"Oh my goodness, my Rina is so pretty." Her mother expressed in awe.

Her loose silver hair that went down to her waist was beautifully made by the maids. Her makeup was light and it enlightened her small and pretty face more. The dress was amazing too. She wore the dress that was customized by Vivian.

"Thank you, mother." Rina replied as she hugged her mom.

"Hah, let's get you going. Callahan is waiting for you."

Catherina nodded.

The two of them walked together while holding hands. From afar, the servants could see the familial love surrounding them and it melted their hearts.