Chapter 33

Present time...

Carla was finally awake.

She vaguely remembered what happened yesterday and immediately got up from her bed.

"Madame!" Emma stopped her.

"Where's Rina? Where's my daughter?" She grabbed Emma on the collar.

"Carla." The Duke came to check on her.

"Ah, Raphael. Where's our daughter? Where's my Rina?"

"...."

"Rina... She slept like a baby in my arms yesterday. And I don't remember what happened after that." Carla scratched her head.

"Where is she?" She repeated her question.

Carla was surprised. She didn't know why her husband suddenly started crying.

"Dear, why are you crying?"

"Our daughter... She's gone." He didn't want to say it but it was for the better.

"What do you mean gone?"

"Father!" Callahan came running towards them.

"Callahan? What's going on?" Carla asked her panting son.

Callahan just arrived from the temple.

If only it wasn't true, he wouldn't actually believed it.

But when he was inside the temple, the coffin was open. Somebody just stole his sister's body.

"What happened?" The Duke asked.

"Rina- she's gone!" Callahan shed tears as he said this.

"Why do you keep saying that my daughter is gone?!" Carla denied it to death.

"Her body... Her body wasn't there. It disappeared. Somebody- somebody stole it." Callahan was on the floor explaining in without strength.

"!!!"

Hearing this, Carla fainted once again. It was too much for her to hear.

'What's going on?' Emma quietly observed from behind. 'Somebody stole her body? Who?'

Emma suddenly remembered the crazy man she met last night. He was looking for Catherina.

'Maybe he's the one.' But she could care less if Catherina's body got stolen.

In fact, it was better that way. It was like Catherina's existence wasn't there in the beginning.

They put Carla to rest and afterwards, Callahan and Raphael immediately went to the temple.

...

"What-"

Duke Raphael was dumbfounded at the scene in front of him.

Catherina was gone. Literally. Someone stole her body.

There was no body inside the coffin.

His precious daughter's existence just got stolen.

Since it was the empire's custom, they left the coffin in the temple alone as soon as night approaches.

The people living in the ancient times believed that they needed to leave the dead one's soul alone so that they can totally rest in peace.

But as soon as morning approached, it was this occurrence that they faced.

"Rina. My daughter." The Duke could only kneel down in sorrow as he continued to cry.