Chapter 47

All five of them stayed on the living room.

Catherina sat in the middle of Callahan and her mother.

Raphael was sitting on a single sofa, facing Owen on the opposite seat. All their sights were on Owen, silently observing him.

"Who are you? What is your connection with my daughter?" Raphael interrogated first.

Owen uncovered his hood. There they saw his skyblue hair and heterochromia eyes. On the left was blue and the right was violet.

At first sight, Carla widened her eyes as soon as she recognized Owen. She suddenly recalled Rina's story before she died at that time.

"That boy was cute. His eye color was different from one another and his hair was like the sky."

"Rina, is he...?" Carla looked at her.

Catherina just smiled at her mother and Carla took it as a yes.

On the other hand, Callahan noticed the bracelet on Owen's wrist.

Though many years had passed, he still remembered what Rina said to him.

"Look, brother. Isn't the sapphire and amethyst complementing each other? It looks really beautiful."

"I agree, it's good. The design is made greatly as well. Is it yours?" He asked.

"It's a gift for someone."

"Who is it? Is it me?" He showed a toothy grin.

"Silly brother. It's not for you. It's for someone special. A friend."

Callahan glared at Owen. 'So he's that friend of hers.'

"Father, he's special to me." Catherina answered his question instead.

"Spe- Special?" Raphael couldn't believe what he just heard.

Catherina nodded. "His name is Owen. He's the one who saved me.. and brought me back alive."

"A magician?"

"Yes."

"Explain yourself." Raphael glared back at Owen.

Catherina looked at Owen and she just smiled at him, as if asking for his patience.

Owen too smiled at her lovingly.

They were like a couple in their own world.. and Rina's family noticed it.

*Ahem*

"Please tell us everything." Carla said as she held Catherina's hand.

"Alright. Where should I start... Right, six years- no, sixteen years ago, I fell in love with Rina."

"What?!" All the Dwights even Catherina, was shocked.

Owen was so bold to confess his feelings in front of her family.

The time will eventually come where he would ask permission from her family to be with her anyways so he didn't waste time beating around the bush.

"She was only six back then. I saw her first from the Imperial Tower." Owen narrated.

Catherina who heard this, blushed greatly. She didn't imagine that he'll confess everything from the very beginning.

"Imperial tower? So you lived there?" Callahan asked.

"Yes. Actually, I was originally an orphan who got sold as a slave in an auction. One day, the empress bought me as soon as she realized my abilities."

"The empress... She's really a wicked woman." Carla gritted her teeth.

"She is. She used me as her rejuvenating source to make her beauty remain."

"Then the time came where she ordered me to look for a certain flower called Blue Dragon's Tears. It was incredibly rare and it took me four years to find it. As soon as I found it, I came back to the palace then brought it to her as an exchange for my freedom. She let me go, but only for a moment. It was a short-lived freedom and moments after that, she abducted me to extort my magic that could rejuvenate her beauty."

Owen continued to narrate everything about his role for the empress and everything about Odette's evil nature.

Catherina's family knew that the empress was evil-natured. But they didn't know that it was to this extent.

"After they took every bit of my magic source, they let me go. Then I went to look for Rina after I was free. I looked for her... But I couldn't feel her pure mana back then. It was like she disappeared into thin air."

Carla cried as she heard Owen narrate it. She could still remember how that incident made her crazy.

Catherina patted her back and comforted her.

"So I looked for Rina in her room but she wasn't there. I looked for her pure mana everywhere until I felt a small remnant coming from the church. So I went there." Owen added.

"I went to the church.. only to see Rina's body inside a coffin."

It still pains Owen to recall that hell-like memory but he had to do it. After all, Rina is here. She's not dead, and she's alive and kicking.

"When I saw her dead body, I felt like everything was lost. I lost hope and I couldn't accept her death. She was my everything... So I took her dead body and looked for ways to revive her out of desperation."

"I went to the East to look for the Caretaker since he's known for making miracles and I became his disciple. He taught me everything he knew about medicine then left this world shortly after.

And I was left in madness to solve everything."

Hearing the title "Caretaker," it ringed a bell to Callahan.

The Caretaker from the east.. He heard about him. He was famous for his knowledge in medicine. He was a miracle-maker.

Callahan never thought that Owen actually met with the Caretaker. And that person actually died..

"Six years. It took me six long years to solve the problem and revive Rina. And with that also, I found out three things in connection behind her death.

One, the Blue Dragon's Tears.

Two, the empress.

And lastly,

Emma."