Chapter 52

"I do." Stephen answered.

"If she was still alive, many things would've changed and remained. But death is too selfish and took her too early."

Dorothea looked at him.

Stephen knew what that gaze meant. "You have something to say."

"Exactly."

"Leave." He signaled all the servants to leave and they left few seconds afterwards.

"What is it?" He asked.

Dorothea walked towards a bush of roses and plucked one flower out.

"So I was thinking... What if Rina didn't die from an illness?"

"!!!"

"If it was me in the past, I would've been to oblivious in that matter. But ever since living in the palace, I learned few things."

"You don't mean... We should investigate about Rina's death?"

"It's just my instinct. After all, her death was too suspicious. How could she die out of the blue? She was a healthy child. If it was a disease, she could've been healed by a doctor. But even the doctor couldn't do it. If I'm wrong... I will face the consequences openly."

Dorothea's eyes glinted with determination. Her heart screamed for revenge in behalf of Catherina.

'If I know that someone truly did something to Rina, I will strangle that person myself.'

"It might be a bit late but justice will never be." Dorothea crushed the rose's petals.

"I get it. Let's talk about the investigation after the banquet. Let's welcome Callahan for now."

"Okay."

.
.
.

Somewhere in the capital...

*Knock* *Knock*

A man opened the door and saw two persons standing outside.

"My lady." Duncan greeted Catherina.

"Hello. Are you ready for tonight?"

"Yes, I am. It's all thanks to sir Owen. I heard from Lady Maria through letter that a lady went looking for me in the East. It must be Emma."

"Waaahhh she really came looking for him?"

"Thank goodness Owen outsmarted her HAHA!"

"That's it. They're already screwed."

"Yep. Truth will prevail dude."

Tonight, it won't be just a normal banquet.

It will also be the main event where they will expose the truth behind Catherina's death as well as Odette and Emma's evil nature.

And Duncan will be the key witness to do that.

Then at that moment, Catherina will reveal herself. She will show the empress dowager and Emma that she's still alive.

What they did to Catherina is high treason. So punishments are inevitable.

And after that... Everything will finally be back to normal.

She will finally have her peaceful life back.

"The banquet starts at 7pm. My family told me. And we want you to be there before 8."

"I will. It was fortunate that I was invited as well."

His statement made Owen raise a brow.

"By the empress?"