Chapter 20

As Catherina looked up to the person who offered a dance, she beheld two ruby eyes staring at her deeply.

His hair was silver and his descriptions of appearance were similar to Catherina's.

'Is he somehow my missing twin?' Catherina thought of the impossible.

"With pleasure." She accepted his hand.

The person showed a bright smile as he received Catherina.

The two of them then started dancing and there was this awkward silence wrapping around them.

"Rina." The person softly whispered as he leaned on Catherina a bit.

Rina wondered why he was calling her in a casual manner when in fact, she never even introduced herself to him.

She looked at his face and when she did, what she saw surprised her.

The person's eye color changed as soon as she locked with his gaze.

His left eye was the color of deep blue seas and the other was like an amethyst jewel itself.

"O-Owen?" Rina knew that only one person had that type of eye color and it was none other than Owen.

Owen chuckled as he heard Catherina's surprised remark.

"It's me." He responded with a blush as they continued to dance slowly.

'Did he use magic to change the color of his eyes? What about his hair?'

His hair color remained with the silver shade but only his eyes were changed.

"It's really you." Catherina's eyes stared at his face with curiosity.

Owen noticed the hair accessory that was placed on her hair. "I'm glad you used my gift." He smiled.

"Oh, the ornament? Thank you. It's really beautiful."

"My pleasure. It was a gift for the hug after all."

With his words, Catherina fell silent because of the reminisced memories of the two of them hugging in the middle of the night.

"I-I see.." Catherina blushed
She deviated her gaze from him out of shyness.

"Rina, look at me." Owen uttered, like he was pleading her.

Catherina looked up and faced him once again. But her face was still red.

"Now I can see you."

"Right," Her demeanor was back as soon as she thought of a question.

"Why did you change your eye and hair color? You didn't need to change it since it was already pretty though..." She mumbled the latter sentence quietly, not enough for Owen to hear.

"The empress might notice me. And I also like ruby for eyes and hair like silver." He explained.

"I could see that. But why did you choose those colors? Actually, I though you were my missing twin earlier."

Owen chuckled. He couldn't believe that Rina was so oblivious up to this point. But he liked that part of her though.

"Because red resembles your eyes and silver is the color of your hair."

"!!!" Catherina's normal demeanor was nowhere to be found. With Owen, all she could feel is flustered and shy emotions.

The music turned to a stop.

All the debutantes and their dance partners also stopped. They bowed at each other, in order to finish the last step of the dance.

Owen held Catherina's hand and landed a kiss atop of it.