Chapter 5

"You're giving this to me?" The prince spoke.

"Yes." Catherina nodded.

She just gave him a wrapped box with the fountain pen inside.

The prince opened the box and took the pen. "Thank you. I'll use this well." He smiled.

He was about to pat her head but Callahan smacked his hand.

"Ow-"

"No touching."

"What about you, Callahan? Do you also have a gift for me?" Stephen showed a toothy grin.

"I was supposed to stab you using this but I'll gift it to you instead." Callahan handed him the dagger they bought yesterday.

"What- how dare you." The prince giggled as he received the gift.

While the two were talking, Catherina glanced around the surroundings and found that others were looking at her.

"Rina? Is there something wrong?" Callahan asked.

"Nothing." Catherina shook her head.

She felt a bit weird that others were sneaking glances on her.

"Do you want to eat? Are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere?" Callahan knelt in front of her.

"I-"

"Your highness and young master Dwight. The emperor called for both of you." A manservant approached them.

"I see." The prince responded. "Tell his majesty that I'll be there."

"Yes, your highness."

Callahan looked at her. "Rina, you stay here for a moment okay? Wait for me, I'll be back." He kissed her forehead.

"Okay."

Catherina sat on the sofa after they left and waited for Callahan to come back.

"Um.. excuse me."

Suddenly, someone approached her.

Long blonde hair, emerald eyes and soft features. She was an adorable child who seemed like Callahan's age.

She looked up to her and answered. "Yes?"

"This- This is for you." She blushed as she gave her a plate of cake.

"Thank you." She smiled at her.

"Eep-! You.. You're so cute! Can I touch your cheek? Just once!" She suddenly acted like the prince earlier.

Catherina was surprised of her sudden attitude so she fell silent first.

"Oh, I apologize. I am Dorothea Knyghte, daughter of Duke Knyghte." She curtsied.

Ever since she approached her, Catherina felt that other's attention was on her.

"Hello. I am Catherina Dwight." She responded.

"I know- I mean-! Yes, nice to meet you." She shook the hand that wasn't holding the plate of cake.

"Hehe." Catherina giggled at her flustered actions.

"Wha- so cute. I really envy your brother.." She muttered.

"Hm?"

Thinking about it, Dorothea Knyghte. Blonde hair and emerald eyes...

'Familiar... Wait. Is she-?'

"Being an only child is so boring. I wish I had a cute sister like you." She sat beside her.

"Villainess."

"Yes? Did you say something?" She asked as she glanced at her untouched plate.

"Why aren't you eating? Is it alright if I.. feed you?" She blushed again.