10. SMILE

" 𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈. "

UNKNOWN POV

Nathaniel decided to go to his office today, he had a lot of meetings to deal with, he is a very strategic businessman and always gets what he wants.

After his long hectic schedule, he sat down in his modern equipped office in one of the tallest buildings in Seattle.

He promised to let Maya go this morning but concluded that she needed to suffer more.

He also decided to come to the office because he have a meeting with Diego Santiago, whom he also found out is the so-called friend of his wife.

"Mr Sanchester, Mr Santiago is here"
His personal assistant informed him through the intercom.

" Send him in"

"Mr Sanchester, it is nice to meet you"
Looking up to see the South American man in front of him, every woman would fall head over heels for him, but I know Nathan believed that he was better than him.

" Mr Santiago, please have a sit"
" Thank you"
Diego said after pulling a chair to himself and making himself comfortable.

After the long business talk, Diego stood up to leave, Nathan stood too.

"It is nice doing business with you"

"Likewise"
"How about a drink later?"

Nathan asked him.

"Sure, will talk through your PA
" Bye"

Nathan pov

After leaving the office, I went down to the basement and found what my eyes didn't wish to see.
There sat Maya in an unconscious state and some of her white fur from her wolf on her human skin.

Without much hesitation, I carried her to the room and called my cousin who got married to another park member.

She is a good park doctor, cause I knew if I took her to a mundane hospital, her case would remain a medical and scientific problem.

After she finished checking up on Maya she came out of the room and gave me a disappointed look.

"Nathan, can I talk to you for a moment"
She asked

"Yeah, lead the way"

I said stretching my hands so she can tell me whatever she wants.
After we sat down in the sitting room.

" I saw her body Nathan, how could you?"
She snarled.

"She is my wife, and I can do whatever I want with her."

I hissed getting angry at how similar she is with David.
Ever since we were kids, David and Lydia always opposed my actions, they would normally say "Aunt told us not to behave like your dad".

"Yes she is your wife, not your property, she is not an item you can just brand and use anytime you want"

This woman is crossing her line.

"Lydia, tell me what is wrong with her and stop lecturing me"

I said already annoyed.
After clearing her throat she continued

"She has some bruises around her wrist and jaws, also below her breast the tattoo area is still sore which means she will be in a lot of pain until it heals. About her unconscious state, it is normal she will wake up soon and her wolf healing will also improve the situation.

"Okay"
"And also please take it easy with her"
She said with a pout.

"Lydia come here"

I said with open arms, she smiled and hugged me tight, after all, she is my last surviving relative on earth. I love her so much.
She, David and my pack are the only things that keep me sane.
But now it looks like a stubborn woman is part of the people keeping me sane.
After the hug, she picked up her bag and gave me a small smile before leaving.

I feel guilty for Maya's condition, but she is at fault too. I can not control my anger and I even warned her about the aftermath of her disobedience.

She looks so pale and tired. I never imagined seeing her on our bed with a drip attached to her hands.

I have feelings for, I mean who won't, she is like a perfect model girlfriend the media always portrayed for me.

But this woman just knows the perfect ways to push my buttons and anytime she does my feelings for her decrease.

No matter how much I try, I can never be able to control my anger.

Guess I'm no different from my father.

Maya pov

Opening my eyes slowly, I realised I was no longer in the basement.
I don't even remember anything that happened till now.

A middle-aged woman came inside the room.

"Good morning Ma'am"

"Morning to you too, and please how long have I been here?"

"Ma'am, I think it's been two days because I just came back yesterday and I had other maids whispering about how a doctor came to visit you the day before"

"Ok, and please drop with the pleasantries and call me Maya"

I said politely while trying to sit down, she quickly rushed to me and helped me up.

"Mr Sanchester won't like that"
She said smiling.

"But he is not here right now, so do me a favour and call me by my name"
I said smiling. It's been ages since I've smiled and it feels good.

"Okay maa...Maya, I mean"

I let out a small laugh.

"I'm the chief maid of the house, if you are wondering why you haven't seen the others, Mr Sanchester dismissed all of them to the servant quarters as soon as you got here"
"Okay"

Guess these People are all Mundanes.
.
.
.
.
.
Vote, comment and share.🌹