34. MISTAKE

" 𝑯𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔, 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒔 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐𝒅𝒂𝒚. "

______

" 𝑰𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓, 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒂𝒅, 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒅𝒗𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒆𝒔. "

AUTHOR POV

"I know everything that happened between Diana and you"

Nathaniel's eyelids fluttered open and his fist clenched, Maya noticed his reaction and moved closer to him.
"Nathaniel..." She called gently but he didn't respond. His anger kicked in the very next minute, he was trying hard to contain his anger in front of her. He went into the kitchen and drank a full glass of water.

Maya followed him into the kitchen, she was surprised at his reaction. She expected him to start throwing his regular tantrums but he didn't do that.
"Who told you, Maya?" he asked after placing the glass down, resting his arms on the kitchen counter.

"I don't know," She said and his scowl deepened. He wasn't in the mood for her childish games right now.
"I'm asking you a question, Maya"
"And I answered your question Nathan" She shot back at him.

He smiled and took slow strides towards her, he backed her to the wall and caged her with his two arms placed beside her head on the wall.
"Who told you, Maya?" he gritted each word dangerously, directly into her ear.
"And I told you that I don't know, even if I knew who did I still wouldn't tell you." She said firmly.

"When did you find out?"
"At the ball" she replied endlessly

He nuzzled his face in her neck as she felt his hot breath on her neck.
"Wow, at the ball" he muttered against her neck.
"Nathan please move away" she requested, he raised his face from her neck and stared at her for some very good number of seconds.

He moved away from her and grabbed his car keys from the counter.
"I thought you said that you aren't going anywhere today" Maya folded her arms across her chest. He ignored her and walked away from the kitchen.

"Nathaniel where are you going?" She asked behind him as she followed him back to the living room.
"You want to know where I'm going to?" He asked turning to her.
"That is why I'm asking" she snorted out.

"I'm going to find the person that told you my secret and I'm going to brutally kill that person" He gritted out with the anger he have been trying to hide from her.

She glared at him with pure disbelief, how can he just kill anybody like that? She thought to herself.
"What the fuck is wrong with you Nathan?" she asked in exasperation.

"I'll take my leave now and this" He lifted her car keys.
"Isn't yours anymore" he smirked. Before she could reply he left.
Her mouth was hung open in surprise.
He fucking took her keys, maybe telling him was a very bad idea.

Nathaniel drove like a mad man to the packhouse, he was beyond mad, thank the moon goddess that he contained his anger in front of Maya.
The only person that has the highest potential to go against him is the devil herself. Diana.
And today he is going to end her for good.