25. THE TRUTH

" 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒔 𝒖𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅. "

_____________

" 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏: 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒖𝒏, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒐𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉. "

AUTHOR POV

Nathaniel has been behaving normal recently. He is now nice to her and they now have civilized conservations. Maya is so ecstatic about it but she always reminds herself that she needs to be careful around him. 

Today, Nathaniel ordered some maids to dress her up because he is hosting a ball at the packhouse. He chose her dress and it wasn't that bad. At least he has a sense of female fashion.

He picked a long rosette chiffon floral gown with black chunky platform block heels matching it with a dainty disco ball necklace and earrings. The maids applied light makeup on her, per her request. They styled her hair in a decorative topknot.

Maya gazed at her reflection in the mirror looking back to another different woman. She looked like the perfect queen that everybody portrayed her to be as Nathan's mate. She couldn't believe that she was looking back at herself.

This is not who she is, she just wants to be that simple Beta daughter who aspired to become a doctor and not some fancy queen whom everybody adored. Her fate has been sealed so she just has to accept her destiny and decide how to go along with it.

"Luna, the driver sent by the Alpha has arrived, here is your clutch," The maid said giving her a black clutch.

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute" she replied smiling at the maid.

******

The car arrived at the packhouse and she glanced at the bright light shining from the top floor. A guard approached her and led her to Nathan's office.

"You look so beautiful" Nathan complimented her out of nowhere. He was dressed in a black tuxedo with a red bow matching it with a black sparkling shoe.

"You don't look bad yourself" she replied nicely. He leaned in and placed a peck on her cheeks fixing a red rose on her hair. Her cheeks had a tint of red on them. She looked away trying to hide her blush making him chuckle a little bit.

"You will stay by my side all night, many people will be attending the ball, both my friends and enemies. So you will not go anywhere without telling me if you love your life." He advised with a smirk spreading on his lips.

She just gulped down her spit nodding her head. He took her hand and on his and led her to the top floor. The huge iron doors were decorated with flowers which were opened by a guard making all eyes be on them.

Maya wasn't the type to be in the spotlight so she moved back a little slightly hiding her face behind Nathan's hand. He chuckled at her behaviour before gripping her waist firmly passing a motivating smile to her.