35. BROKEN HEART

" 𝑾𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆...𝑩𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔, 𝒈𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏..."

_______

"𝑰'𝒎 𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚" 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒙 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑨𝒑𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒊𝒆𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒙 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕."

MAYA POV

No matter how hard I tried, I still couldn't bring myself to believe Nathaniel have truly changed. He changed before and went back to his normal behaviour and now he is doing the same thing. A zebra can never remove its strips.

He has no right to be angry at me for discovering his damn secrets. I have all the licenses to know about his previous relationships, that is why I'm his mate. Diana has no right to stay here and I will make sure she leaves from here very soon.

What does my future hold for me? How will I be? I'm sure Nathaniel can't and will never fall in love with me neither would I, not after everything he has done to me but my foolish heart keep feeling otherwise.
Very soon the council will demand an heir, we haven't even mated to talk less of producing an heir.

To be honest, I respect Nathaniel for only one thing. I respect him for not giving in to my foolish demand the other day. What was I thinking? If he proceeded that day would I have stopped him?

I will go to Marissa's house to check up on her and the baby. David and Marissa are very lucky to have each other, they might be having problems now but they are still the best.
I'll prepare a colourful crab sales sandwich for her. It is healthy for the baby.
After packing the sandwich in a brown paper bag I went upstairs and changed my clothes.

This is going to be a stressful journey for me, I will take it as a stroll since that stupid husband of mine decided to seize my car keys. After 30 good minutes, I arrived at her house exhausted and frustrated. I'll make sure Nathaniel pays for this.

Immediately Marissa opened the door, I walked past her and slumped on the chair.
"Who dropped you here?" I heard Marissa ask from the door, she was looking outside.
"I came here myself" she looked at me with confusion.

"Where is your car?" She inquired again while locking the door.
"Your Alpha seized it" I muttered sarcastically handing the paper bag to her.
She opened it and her lips widened.

"Oh my world, Maya thank you so much, I was craving for this throughout the day," She said happily stuffing her mouth with a bite. I glared at her with joy as she was munching into the sandwich like a kid. If this is the joy of having a child I definitely want to have mine one day, but the moon goddess has decided Otherwise.

She choked on the sandwich and I rushed to get a glass of water for her.
"Hey easy there," I said and handed the glass of water to her patting her back.
"Thanks for the wonderful sandwich maya, you are the best," she mumbled with joy.

"Don't mention it, what are friends for" I pulled her into a bear hug.
"How is my little nephew doing?"
"It is your little niece Maya, I want my first child to be a girl, not a boy" she grinned and I laughed.

"It is a boy"
"Girl"
"Boy"
"If you say so" I gave up and she smiled with contentment.

"A boy or a girl, it doesn't matter Marissa, what matters is that you will be a great mother"
"I better get going, your crazy Alpha must be back now" I let out a long deep sigh.