19. PUZZLE

" 𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒊𝒕. 𝑰𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒊𝒕, 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒆. "

____________

" 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒔𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒖𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇. "

DIANA POV

It had been like forever since I last saw Nathan, I made a mistake in the past and it won't happen again.

This time around I will play my cards right.

"Diana, you should stop this madness already" my aunt Eleanor said coming into my room.
"Can't you see this is madness" she barked lowly referring to all Nathan's pictures on my wall.

"Aunt stop okay, he is mine and I won't share him"
"Share him you say, you did not think about that, when you decided to cheat on him"
   "I didn't cheat on him" I half yelled passing my hands through my hair.

"Then what did you do, hmm...you didn't even find someone else to perform your disgraceful act with but with that..."
Realising where she is going to
"Stop, stop, stop.." I shouted closing my ears with my palm.

"Why? You can't accept the fact that you are a mistress to the vampire's leader"

"I am not, aunt Eleanor...I was just foolish"
I muttered with regret.
"Diana please stop all this, I'm going to the market, will be back before dinner"
With that, she picked up her bag and left.

I love her so much, but I won't let her destroy my plans.

Nathan has always been mine, to begin with, Mate or no mate, I know that he still loves me. Just wait baby I'm coming soon.

With a devilishly smirk on my face, I traced my hands on his photo.

"You are going to be mine again and not even the moon goddess or Maxwell can stop me"

MAYA POV

It's been seven months since Nathan and I got married, it's been 270 days since I've been captured in this hell hole.

My maid Anna came running in my direction, I miss Sarah but unfortunately, she is mundane.

"Luna, I've been looking everywhere for you, the Alpha wants to see you right now"
What is wrong with him today.

"Where is he?"
"In your bedroom, he has been waiting for over 20 minutes now so I suggest you hurry up so he won't become angry and hurt you"
She said with so much concern in her voice, at least I have someone who cared a little about me.

"Thanks for your concern, I'll be on my way" I smiled and headed to my doom.

__________

"I heard that you are asking for me?" I said after entering my room.
"My dear wife, how have you been doing?" Is he serious right now? What the fuck is wrong with him. You just need to play along Maya, you can do this.

"I'm good you?" he smiled and moved towards me.
"I'm okay too."
"If you don't need anything I'll take my leave," I said and turned to leave.

Before I could leave he grabbed my wrist and cornered me to the wall caging me with his hands against the wall. I could tell that my heart was about to explode.

"What are you doing to me, Maya?" He said deeply and moved a strand of my hair behind my ear.

I could only help by closing my eyes wishing for the wall to open.
"Na..Na..than"

"I ignored you for two months because I had to keep myself away from you, who are you? I've never felt the way I do when I'm with you ever in my life, I know I've hurt you so much, I deliberately behaved that way so that you can hate me and also respect me"

His face is already at the crook of my neck and his breath there is causing shivers to run down my spines.

"Nathan we can talk more properly if you don't mind" he removed his face from my neck and looked at me before signing and taking the couch for himself.

"Nathaniel, I don't know what your problem is, but at least you can share it and I'll try to help"
He smiled.
"Seriously, you are like a puzzle that no one can unravel, today you are normal,  tomorrow you will become a monster again, no offence but do you need medical help, I could help too"
He just smiled again.

"Maya, you don't understand anything, and most importantly don't try to find out too cause it won't end well for the both of us. I admire you for your constant bravery from the very first day I met you"

"You mean from the very first day you drugged me" I slightly joked and he smiled standing up.

"Try to understand me, just do as I say and everything will be okay"

"I will try," I said fiddling with my fingers.
"I hope so" he smirked and left.
Way to go big bad Alpha.

AUTHOR POV

"Zechariah, Nathaniel already knows about your plan, and you are not even concerned most slightly"

"Maxwell, don't behave like a child, that is my master plan all along, I want him to be angry, I want him to behave rashly then boom I'll put my plan into action"
Zechariah smirked while sipping his wine.

"The crescent park and the Gallaway park are willing to give you 300 of their elite warriors and you also have the support of the rouges, you are one lucky bastard Zechariah"

Maxwell said before gulping one shot of tequila shot.

"The reign of Nathaniel will soon come to an end and the both of us with making sure of that. Zechariah said evilly.

"You know what, how about we make a toast" Maxwell said while pouring Zechariah a shot and handing it to him.

"A toast to the beginning of a new era, the fall of Nathaniel Sanchester, an era where  the vampire's and werewolf will live together and with that in peace too"

And with that, these two vicious men clicked their glass together.

What these two men didn't know was that the two of them had their intentions and the two of them evil master plans might destroy their Ultimate goal.

Diana was at that very door recording everything they were saying, she too can't be left out in this game of deception and violence. She had only one goal and that is to be with Nathaniel and these fools made her long time plan to become officially successfully. She was fully ready to play her black queen.

𝕳𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖞 𝕹𝖊𝖜 𝖄𝖊𝖆𝖗 ✨

𝕯𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖛𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 ❤️