28. PLAYING FAIR

" 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒔, 𝒄𝒐𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔, 𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒔.

___________

" 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒓. 𝑯𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒏. "

MARISSA POV

"Why doesn't David want a child?" Maya asked making me relive the day that my hopes about having my child died.

FLASHBACK

Everything was going well for Marissa and David. They had their ceremony four months ago after meeting on the blood moon. They are so in love with each other. Marissa couldn't believe that her dreams about her mates turned into reality.

"Where are you going to?" David inquired coming out from the bathroom. Marissa was applying makeup completely oblivious of David's presence.

"I'm going to the pack to visit the kids" she informed him with happiness. He glanced at her for a brief moment murmuring something to himself before averting his gaze away from her going into the closet. A flicker of anger washed through Marissa, he ignored her! Maybe he is having his mood swings again. She thought to herself.

He came out all dressed up not even acknowledging her. She decided to irritate him a little. She moved towards with slow steps, he noticed her through the mirror.

"What do you want Marissa?" He questioned turning to her.
"Can you follow me to visit the children today?" She pouted giving him the puppy eyes thing.

"No" he bluntly refused her making her gasp in surprise.
"I'm visiting the children David, I love them and I also want to learn how to take proper care of kids, so when we have ours one day I can be able to take care of them very well" she cooed happily staring at the ceiling daydreaming.

He stared at her with nullity for a brief moment before replacing them with a cold expression. Her emotions died down, she don't know what his problem is right now.

"What is wrong with you David?" She asked him with annoyance.
"David, I'm asking you a question" she shouted when he ignored her question.

"Marissa, let go off me" he gritted out through his teeth.
"What is your problem" she screamed aggressively shaking him.

"You are my problem Marissa" His words left her astonished. She couldn't believe her ears, she didn't do anything wrong.

"You are not going anywhere"
"Watch me" she grabbed her bags and left the room.

The guards at the door refused to let her out. Who does he think he is to stop her from going out.

"David, I don't have any time to argue with you. I want to go out" she demanded folding her arms below her breast giving him a murdering look.

"I'll allow you to go anywhere you like but to visit the children No!" She glared at him with disbelief.

"What is your problem with the kids"
"They are creating crazy ideas in you brains" he seethed inwardly.

"What are you talking about David?" She was totally confused. What is he even saying?
"You can't stop thinking about kids, kids..kids..kids... Don't keep your hopes high Marissa. We are never having kids" he suddenly boomed out. Tears were flowing down her eyes uncontrollably. Her hopes are shattered now. No, he must be joking right.