30. PAEDOPHOBIC

" 𝑪𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒗𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅𝒓𝒆𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍; 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒖𝒍𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔. "

_______

" 𝑶𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒕𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒖𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒘𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒏 𝒎𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒘𝒊𝒏, 𝒃𝒚 𝒇𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕. "

AUTHOR POV

All Maya could feel as she opened her eyes was pain. Her body was badly aching her. She tried to rest her back against the headboard but fell.

She tried again and again but only to fall back down with a loud groan. Tears were already brimming down her eyes, she felt so powerless. She couldn't even defend herself. Assuming Marissa didn't come to her rescue, what would have become of her.

Marissa came into the room only to find Maya sobbing loudly.
"Maya, why are you crying," Marissa asked her placing the milk she brought for her on the side table.

"I feel so bad Marissa, I feel so powerless, Diana almost killed me Marissa" Maya bawled loudly. Marissa was shocked, she was speechless. How dare Diana?

"Diana did this?" Marissa asked with astonishment to which Maya nodded.
"We have a problem, Maya, Nathaniel is on his way back home and if he finds out about your injury he will kill us first before killing Diana," Marissa said with distress.

Marissa was afraid, she had to face David when he comes back and now Nathaniel is added to the list.
"I won't allow him to find out so don't worry about it" Maya encouraged finally resting her back against the headboard after so many failed attempts.

"Look at you Maya, how would you be able to hide your pain, he will surely find out, who knows maybe one of the guards have informed him already" Marissa was trembling with fear. Maya was scared too, she disobeyed him.

First, she brought the kids over and she went out alone.
"Marissa trusts me, I'll handle it" Maya confidently said even though her insides were squeaking with dread.

Marissa excused herself so that she could go pack her bags. How would she face David? How would she tell him about her pregnancy?

On the other hand, Maya was preparing herself both mentally and physically for Nathan's wrath in case he found out. She was pacing around her room playing with her nails.

Nathaniel and David finally arrived only to meet a silent house. They were surprised and confused.
"Did they fight?" David asked Nathaniel and he ignored him

Nathaniel went to his room, he didn't see Maya anywhere in the room before he heard the shower running. He sighed, how could she be having a bath by this time of the day.

After some time, Maya came out fully dressed and froze when she saw Nathaniel sitting on the couch with a bare chest.
When did he arrive? She cleared her throat to gain Nathan's attention.

He dropped his glass of wine maintaining strict eye contact with Maya. She Loudly gulped down her saliva. He stood up with all his glory slowly coming toward her. She stood rooted to her spot as he was intimidating her.

He gripped her waist pulling her flush against him. She bit her lips harshly to avoid groaning in pain. Her shoulders were badly hurting now. He nuzzled his face on the crook of her neck as she felt his hot breath on her neck.