15. NEW FRIEND

" 𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒇𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔. "

MAYA POV

"My name is Marissa"
A young woman in her early 20s approached me with a huge smile on her face.
"My........"
" Hey everyone knows you Luna so don't worry about introducing yourself"
She said before sitting down beside me.

"You have a beautiful name," I said not knowing how to start a dialogue so I let out anything that crossed my mind.

"Thank you, Luna, it means a lot"
She said happily before her morale changed all of a sudden after looking directly into my eyes as if trying to fix a puzzle in my life.

"Maya, are you happy?"
Her question made me shiver, why on earth would she ask me that.
"Yes, I am" I answered bravely while looking into her eyes.

"Oh, drop with the lies, I know what you are thinking right now" I could feel pity from her voice.
"I know that you are thinking who I am but you can trust me, I'm David's wife"

How I wish I could be happy as she is, she is David's wife, his mate, why can't Nathan be like him. Right now I'm envious of Marissa, her smiles are so pure, the way her hair responds to the wind looks as if the wind was made for only her, her skin glows under the sun. I want to be like her, yet again not all dreams are achieved.

"Wow...you are so beautiful, David is so lucky to have you"
"Of course he is and Maya you are way more beautiful than me, you are the Alpha's wife"
She said with a huge genuine smile.
"Being the Alpha's wife doesn't guarantee that I'm way more beautiful than everyone"

"Are you Nathan's wife or just a look-alike?" she jokingly said but she didn't realise that her words made me realise that I'm Nathan's wife, and there is nothing I could do anymore about it.

"Unfortunately, I am your Alpha's wife"
I slowly answered with sadness evident on my face.

"You are so fortunate to have someone like Nathan in your life"
To say that I'm shocked right now would be an understatement, I am cursed to have a mate like him. Don't she know who he truly is.

"You are mistaken Marissa, sorry to say but your Alpha is a monster" I replied bitterly letting out my true emotions for the very first time.
She only smiled and took my hands in hers.

"Can I ask you for a favour?"

"Of course, but I won't promise you anything"
How on earth can I resist such a beautiful and kind-hearted woman.

"Please give Nathaniel time, he is a very good man, his behaviour is very explanatory but not justifiable, but I'm not in the position to tell you anything, but I know that he loves and adore you in his kind  of way"

Love, adore and Nathaniel Sanchester in the same sentence is a huge grammatical error.

"That man can't love anybody, he just wants to control everything and everybody, he is a monster, sometimes I feel like committing suicide, but I can't cause I believe that I'm not the type to be broken easily, I have my limits, Marissa. Never in my whole life I've I ever felt so humiliated, so ashamed of myself, I hate myself cause I can't do anything about it and if I tried the consequences won't be in my favour. I hate Marissa, I hate him."

I don't know what it is with me and tears these days, in the past I hardly shed tears and now I feel like it is my daily routine.

"Shhh.....stop crying Maya, you said it yourself that you aren't easy to break so for the moon goddess sake stop crying already"
She said trying to console me which she suddenly succeeded in doing.

"Thanks a lot, Marissa"
"No need to mention, now it would be a splendid pleasure to show you around"
She said with a broad smile leading the way.

After seeing everything, after our long journey..fuck this ace is so big. I learnt that the other park members live down the lake in a very huge estate and by the other side there was also an estate too for elite park members. This place I am right now is only for the Infamous Nathaniel.

Marissa and David reside at the elite estate, but they could come over whenever they wanted. I also saw a photo of Nathan's mother, she is a beautiful woman, I wonder how she died, when I tried bringing out the truth from Marissa she quickly shut me down. But there is a huge picture hanging up the wall that was closed with a piece of cloth, but I guess it would infertile to ask Marissa as she is so secretive.

"And what is my precious wife doing with the Luna?"
David's presence brightened up the situation, why can't that so-called Alpha be like him.
After the torturous sight of their little romance. Marissa suddenly became shy.

"David it is nice to see you again," I said still adoring the look on Marissa's face.
"And it is also nice to see you again Maya"
He said pulling Marissa into him, don't they know that the sight of them being all lovey-dovey in front of me saddens me.

"How are you doing?"
"I'm fine you?"

He replied finally releasing Marissa whose aura suddenly changed, tracing where her sight is, I turned back, lo and behold stood the almighty Nathan, I was shocked to the core when he placed his hands around my waist.

"How is my beautiful and obedient wife doing?"
He asked lovingly, with the sarcasm obvious.
Bastard.

I didn't answer, I just stood there like a robot. I could feel his rage clearly, so with pleading eyes, I held Marissa's hand so that she won't be able to leave. Unfortunately for me David removed her hands from my trip and led her out of the hall.

Before I could analyze anything. I felt my body being dragged upstairs by an angry Nathaniel.

An angry Nathaniel is no joke.
I wonder what my punishment will be this time around.
Dear moon goddess helps me.

It's boxing day today people.
Make sure to give out gifts to the less privileged.💜
Frances. (●♡∀♡)