11. RING

" 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒆𝒏𝒋𝒐𝒚 𝒊𝒕. "

NATHANIEL POV

The Night is currently the best bar in Seattle. This is where Diego and I decided to meet, I don't know what the outcome of this meeting will be but one thing is for sure, I'm going to pour out my heart to him. He looks like a nice man and one worthy to be friends with.

No wonder Maya became friends with him.

"Hello, Mr Sanchester"
Here comes the charming man.

"Drop with the pleasantries and call me Nathan"
I half-joked and extended my hands for a handshake.

"Nathan..... that seems new"

"What do you mean?"
I asked curiously not understanding his state that.

"You are the king of the business world and here you are on a first name basis with your rival"

This man is something else.

"Think of it the way you want, but for now let us go and enjoy ourselves"

I said leading him to my private area.
After ordering a bottle of chocolate vodka, he drank a little out of it but it did not surprise me though.

"Nathan drinking is bad for your health"
He said when I ordered shots of tequila.

"Come on Diego let us enjoy while we can loosen up a little man"

I said raiding up a shot to him, with little hesitation he took it from me and we continued to drink till our hearts desired.

"I met a beautiful woman at the park"
Diego suddenly said unconscious of his words, because we are both drunk, so I bet we know what we are saying.

Do I even know what I'm saying?

"And who is she?"

"I don't know, I tried calling her but it was and still unreachable, it looks like she just vanished from the face of the earth because for the past 1 week, I had my private investigators search for her or better track her down through her mobile number, but it is impossible"

Smiling inside my brains for my handy work.

I just continued to listen to his heartbreaking story.

"I also do have a wife"
I boasted.

"Wow you don't look like the guy who will be able to stay with one woman"

Unknowingly for him, his little statement stirred up my anger a little bit but I overlooked, cause In a way it was true.

"Surprised I'm married?"
"Yes, any kids"

His words shook me to the core, I pictured having my children but it was way too early.

"No, my wife and I are not on good terms right now"
I said sadly with a pout.

"Is it an arranged marriage? And why don't the press know about your marriage?"

"Arranged marriages are no longer popular nowadays and Maya don't like being in the spotlight"

When he heard the name Maya he froze for a while.

"Maya...Maya"

"And why are you checking out my wife's name"

" That is her name too, my dream girl or wait is the universe playing games with me?"

He said sadly gulping down another shot.

"Maybe wait, let me show you her picture"

Pulling out my phone from my pants pocket, I showed him a picture of Maya I secretly took when she was in the garden.
After the forever stare at her picture he looked at me with disappointment clear in his eyes.

"It looks like I'm unlucky, guess she isn't my dream girl anymore"

I could swear that I saw a drop of tears on his cheeks, I felt sorry for him, but I can't do anything, he fell in love with my wife, my mate.

"Maybe, one day you will find your one true love"

I said caressing his back.

"Yes, maybe one day. Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course, go ahead please"

My eyes are practically turning right now.

"Maya was really sad that day at the park, is everything okay?"

His question is rhetorical to me because to date I still can't comprehend why she hates me so much.

Nathan, you abused her and you don't know why she hates you.

"Yes, everything is fine. She is the moody type"

I lied smoothly.

"And you should also put a ring on her finger"

Ring on her finger....it sure looks nice but it seems childish and again she bears my mark and no one will dare to take what belongs to me.

But will think about the ring thing later.

"Thanks for the advice"

"Anytime"
He said with a smile.

We went down to the club section and partied away our sorrows.
The sorrow of being lonely, the sorrow of being unloved, the sorrow of being unlucky and many others.

Maya is mine and mine alone.
Diego should and better put it in his skull.
I would kill for her.

And I'm also capable of killing her if she betrays me. History will only put it that way.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
AN.
Sadly I was not able to reach my goal. So I've decided that I will continue the book regardless. For those of my readers who are currently reading it please do tell me what you think about my book. Sometimes I feel like the book is not good enough and all.

Please vote, comment and share.
It means a lot.
(●♡∀♡)