36. SAFE

" 𝑹𝒊𝒔𝒌 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆. 𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆. 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍.𝑬𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒃𝒍𝒆. "

__________

" 𝑰𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒛𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒓, 𝒇𝒂𝒓 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒘𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒋𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆. "

AUTHOR POV

Maya cried herself to sleep. She woke up with a pounding headache the next morning, luckily for her she saw an aspirin beside her and she took it. She wasn't ready to face Nathaniel, not after everything that happened between them the day before.

She waited for him to go out before she came out of the room. She entered their room and her eyes widened in disgust and surprise. Bottles of Alcohol scattered all over the room not to forget the already used cigarettes on the floor too.

How can someone consume so much alcohol and still have the stamina to go out this morning? She spruced up the room that now felt like she had no right to remain inside it. She sighed deeply and entered the bathroom, after cleaning herself up she went downstairs to eat.

Her stomach was making a weird sound, then she realised she didn't eat anything for dinner yesterday. Looking through the fridge she thanked her stars for the omelettes they dropped there. She had no power to cook anything.

She heated the omelettes in the microwave and served herself when she was done. Maya remembered Nathaniel's word yesterday and sighed deeply. She went back to their room and packed her clothes, not sure of how long they were staying there she packed only a few clothes.

Diana came to know that Nathaniel had work to do in Seattle and maya is accompanying him. Her body is currently trembling in fury. She won't allow them to go alone, this might just be a way to strengthen their bond, maybe if she tells maya about the incident that happened yesterday between her and Nathan, maya might refuse to follow him.

She drove to his house and was met by guards at his gate. Nathaniel hardly had guards around his house like this, so what is wrong today?
"I want to see my cousin" She demanded rudely to a guard. The other guards glared at her with contempt. All she saw was red when they ignored her.

"Open the gates" she raised her voice this time with her fist clenched beside her. When she becomes their Luna, she will teach them a very good lesson.
A guard spoke something faintly into his earpiece and Raymond appeared.

"Diana, what are you doing here" Raymond spat with hatred evident in his voice.
"I want to talk to Maya" She replied with rage feeling insulted by a mere guard.

"No one is allowed inside"
"I'm not anyone Raymond, I'm Maya's cousin," she declared with pride earning a scoff from Raymond.
"I advise you to leave immediately, or else I'll just have my co-workers throw you out" He smirked and she could feel her hair flare-up in pure rage.

"How dare you insult me Raymond, who do you think you are?" Diana felt like biting his head off.
"Gabriel throw her out of here" He didn't wait for her to reply before walking away.
Diana signalled the guards not to come any closer, she walked away to her car with indignation.