27. I'M PREGNANT

" 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒘𝒌𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕  𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒖𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒂 𝒇𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒂𝒅𝒚 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒈𝒏𝒂𝒏𝒕."

________

" 𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒄𝒚𝒄𝒍𝒆. 𝑻𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒂𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒎𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈. "

MAYA POV

There are so many things on my brain right now. Nathaniel is truly changing, I like this Nathaniel now, I hope he remains like this forever. But what if he's only acting?
What if he suddenly changes again?

No...that can't happen, I won't allow that to happen, I'll make him remain like this forever. But there is also that cunning witch Diana, I still have to deal with her, she is my major problem now.

I wonder the evil she's cooking up in her brains right now. What if she tries to manipulate Nathaniel against me?
No, he won't believe her, he's more intelligent than that.

But who sent that letter, I need to appreciate him or her, if they hadn't sent that letter, I'll be in the dark for who knows how long.

"Marissa is coming over to spend the week with you" Nathaniel stated fixing his neckties, my eyes widened in huge surprise. I'm beyond excited that before I could comprehend my actions, my legs automatically found their way to him before my brains could stop my movement I pulled him into a bone-crushing hug.

His whole body stiffened due to my actions. He didn't return the hug so I slowly freed him. He looked at me for a brief moment and turned his back to me. I felt ashamed of myself, I disgraced myself, Maya you are the biggest fool on earth.

"Thank you?" I muttered not sure if he heard me. He turned to me and cocked his brows.
"If you are not sure about saying thank you then don't say it" he clarified making me nod simultaneously.

"I won't be back for some time so Marissa will stay with you" he explained brushing his already fixed hair.

His love for his hair is excess.

"Where are you going to?" He raised his eyebrows In surprise. What did I say wrong now?
"Maya, when did you start to care about my whereabouts?" He inquired intensely looking into my eyes.

"You are my husband, so why won't I care" I emphasized the word 'husband' with pride. Surprisingly I'm proud so be his mate now, but months ago I was asking the goddess why?

A little smile appeared on his
lips but he quickly replaced it with a stoic expression.
"The vampires are disturbing at the borders so I've to go there myself" he clarified making me shiver a little at the mention of vampires. Those creatures were always causing trouble every time.

I haven't seen one myself, but the story of the vampires and Lycans my mum told me about made me hate them from the very beginning. They are dangerous, what if they hurt Nathan or maybe kidnap him and torture him. Think positively Maya, nothing is ever going to happen.

"Please be careful...come back safely" I hesitated a little but I somehow managed to finish my little speech.
"You just said that I'm your husband but you don't know anything about me princessa" He bragged shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly.

What is wrong with him, he is going to war and he thinks he is going to play. Maybe I  don't him that much.
"Just be careful, they are very dangerous" I restated again, maybe he didn't hear my careful before.