20. PAST

" 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒗𝒆 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 '𝒐𝒏𝒆' 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕.."

_________

" 𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒖𝒔 𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆, 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒖𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒑𝒆𝒏-𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒅, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒕, 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒔𝒕; 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆, 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕! "

NATHANIEL POV

"David how about we attack secretly?" I asked this mad man here.
"Nathan, I don't want to be a part of this mistake you are about to make" He rolled his eyes and continued to look at his phone.

"David you are my second-in-command so you better don't feed me with your shit" I gritted through my teeth irritated.

"You are the one feeding me with your shit here, so you better respect my privacy and keep me away from your anger"
"Are you fucking daring me?" I snarled irritated.

"Yes I am, what can you do?"
Only the moon goddess knows how I want to tear this bastard apart.

"Do you think I'm one of the lapdogs that you can just order around, I'm not Ma..."
Before he could complete his statement, I pinned him to the wall and my fist in the site trying to restrain myself from doing something that I would regret later. But this bastard just started laughing.

"Nathan, you never fail to surprise me, c'mon go ahead, hit me ohh you piece of trash" he shouted into my face.
"David I'm warning you, don't meddle with my private life or else I will make you regret it"
"You wouldn't dare Nathan" he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Then try me," I said dangerously close to his ear.

The door busted open and one of my trusted guards Roland Ra inside while breathing heavily. Something is defined wrong.

"What the fuck Roland, why did you barge inside like that without knocking?" I said irritated with his behaviour.
"I'm sorry Alpha but there is a situation downstairs" I glared at him confused and walked out with David at my back.

Never in my life did I imagine seeing my nightmare In front of me again. My fears are back to haunt me again.
My destruction.
The betrayal.
Diana was all covered in blood.

I know how much I despise her, by me seeing her all covered in blood made me feel sad, I'm not meant to feel like this.
I hate her so much.
She betrayed me.

"How did she get here?" I asked no one in particular.
"We found her at the pack borders like this"
Roland answered me.
"Only her just like that?"
"They were many footprints from the forest, so I guess she was running from someone"
"Were they wolves?"
"No Alpha, but we think she was being chased by vampires"

Wow, it looks like Maxwell has gone insane. Why would he send his blood-sucking creatures to hurt his girlfriend or is there more to the story...

"Call the pack doctors, let them check up on her, take her to the room upstairs," I said nonchalantly.
They looked at me shocked but resumed their duties.

AUTHOR POV

It's been a week since Diana returned and she still hasn't gained consciousness. Nathaniel was eager for him to see her eyes again but he kept reminding himself that he should stay away from her.

David kept on pouring exquisite insults on him every day, he was extremely angry that Nathan will allow Diana to stay at the packhouse.

Maya didn't even know what was going on in the pack. She just played with the children and joined Marissa In training the young pups.

She was shocked when Nathaniel informed her that they would be moving to his mansion by the lake. She could not protest because she knew her opinions didn't matter anyway. So now all she did all day was just to sit by the lake and listen to the birds chirping, take care of the garden, experiment with new dishes that Nathan never taste or just visit the library in the mansion.

She tried talking to Nathaniel about how she was badly lonely and for him to permit her to visit the packhouse but he zoned her off.

It was as if he didn't want her at the packhouse but why?

She needs to visit Marissa and the kids, she missed them so much. She decided to go there the next day with or without Nathaniel's permission and she was damn ready to bear the full consequences.

NATHANIEL POV

"Alpha, Diana is awake and she urgently needs to see you for unknown reasons"
"The fuck would he go there" David barked out of nowhere barging into my office.

"Over my dead body will you talk to that woman again"
"David, calm down, I'm not going to see her if that is what you want," I said making him sigh deeply in relief.

"Roland make preparations for her to leave"
"As you say Alpha"

"There would be no need for him to do that"
What the fuck is she doing here.
Those eyes.
"And what do you mean by that" David snarled.

"Oh my.....David, it's been quite a long time now"
"And trust me I didn't miss you a bit" David gritted through his teeth.

"What do you want Diana?" I asked straightforwardly knowing fully well she is up to no good.

"It is simple, I need to make a deal with you" she smirked and sat down on my chair.
The audacity of this woman.

"So all those charades last week was just part of your plan, your injuries, your unconsciousness, they were all part of your stupid plan" David shouted in disbelief with hatred dripping from each word.
She just nodded and smiled at him.
He clenched his fists tightly cleat trying to stop himself from hitting her.

"Yes, I planned it all, I know very well that Nathaniel will never accept my offer for a meeting, so I used my TRUMP CARD" she emphasized on the last word.
"My blood," she said victoriously and smirked devilishly at me.

This woman never gas to amuse me.
"What deal do you want to make?"
She brought out a flash drive and shows me.
"This flash drive will either decide your victory or failure on the war you are about to start"
"And what do you mean by that?"
"Let us just say it contains important information" she smiled and twirled it around with her fingers.

"And what if the information I fake?" David questioned her annoyed cause she have the upper hand right now.

"Then you can do anything that pleases you to me" she stated confidently.
" And what do you want in return?" I asked already knowing what she wants.

"I want to stay here as your personal assistant"
Before I could say anything, I heard my wife's voice and everybody turned to her.

"Diana?"
"Maya"
"What are you doing here, it's been like forever since I last saw you"
Maya said happily and pulled Diana into a hug.
What the fuck is happening here?
What game is Diana playing?

𝕻𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖛𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 (●♡∀♡)