22. MYSTERY

" 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒊𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒂 𝒃𝒊𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈. 𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒂 𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔. "

_________

" 𝑨 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒐𝒖𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒆 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒒𝒖𝒊𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈. "

MAYA POV

Why would he forbid me from visiting my cousin, Is he nuts or something. Maybe that is his special way of punishing me.
"Maya how have you been"
   "Marissa, what are you doing here?"I am beyond shocked right now.

"I decided to pay you a visit"
"Oh please, I know that Nathan send you here" I huffed loudly.
"You are right about that, but try me I came on my own accord, it was just with his consent"

"Okay?.." I muttered lowly unsure about that.
"Look Maya, I know that you are doubtful about the events happening right now, but every situation has reasons" she reassured me but it is not working.

"Look Marissa, things don't happen that way, you can't just lock someone up in a house and say you are doing it for a reason" I slightly raised my voice and don't look down sadly.

"Marissa, I'm sorry"
"No it is okay, I understand your anger" she smiled and gestured me into a hug. I badly need one right now.

"But why Marissa, why I'm I being controlled like this, this is not the life I wished for Riss, I hate this life, you know I always wanted to become a doctor but look at where I am now, my mate is a total control freak. I'm dying, this life is slowly killing me, it hurts" I am loudly sobbing right now.

At least I have someone to pour out my feeling too.
"Maya stop crying, everything is going to be alright" she assured me patting my back slowly.

"That is where you are wrong Marissa, nothing is ever going to be okay, I'm so unlucky"
"Maya, please stop crying" she pleaded.

But how can I stop, I can't, even if I stop crying Physically, I'll still be crying inside. First, he abused me, branded me and now also took away the little freedom I had.

Where did I go wrong in this life?

"Marissa, can I ask you a question?
", Of course, as far as it doesn't involve blood" she jokingly said.

"Do you know why he forbids me from seeing Diana?"
She quickly stiffened at the mention of Diana's name.

"Marissa... Marissa get back here" I shake her slowly cause she is currently lost in her thoughts.

"Yes..umm..yes" she responded nervously
"What the fuck is wrong with you rissa, how can you just zone out like that"

"I'm sorry, I was just.."
She is looking strange right now and her continuously fidgeting with her fingers, something is seriously wrong here.

"Maya, you are my friend, I love you so much, but I have my boundaries you know, there are something's I'm not entitled to say. I can only tell you that things are not always the way they seem" she smiled and left me with a battle within myself.

NATHANIEL POV

Diana is seriously messing with my head. Who does that woman thinks she is.
She thinks she can just come into my life once again and turn it around, but she got the worst thing coming her way. This cigarette isn't even helping me right now.

On the other hand, it is a stubborn Maya and now a vicious Diana. I'm going to go insane one of these days. I can't get rid of Maya cause she is my wife neither can I kill Diana cause she has something that would benefit me. I need to retrieve that flash as soon as possible.

"Hi sweetheart"
Think of the snake and she appears.
"Don't play with me Diana, what do you want" I spat venomously going back to my chair.

"I want you babe" she smiled seductively and sat on my desk.
Such audacity.

"I'm asking you nicely Diana, what the hell do you want," I said slowly with anger dripping from my words.

She should leave from here, her presence is really disturbing and her bending toward me exposing her cleavage isn't helping either.
She got down and crawled towards me placing her hands on my chest before sitting on my lap.

"You know that no matter how hard you try you can't resist me, you are addicted to me"
  "Diana, Diana, Diana I think that you are getting your hopes high here" I lowly replied right into her ears.

"Nathan, I'll continue taking those hopes higher" I pushed her off me and she landed with a huge thud.

"Diana, you have three days to give me the flash and get out of here"
"What if I refuse your demands" she smirked and stood up crossing her arms around her chest.

"Then I will kill you, as you are of no use to me, where is your vampire boyfriend, why do you want to betray him? Daddy isn't satisfying you anymore? I mocked her and she just passed me a freaking smile.

"Is it jealousy I'm smelling here" she smiled devilishly.
"In your dreams Diana"
"I can as well turn that same dream into reality" she smiled.

"Diana, I don't know what you are doing, in the first case you are betraying your boyfriend and uncle and on the other hand, you are planning something big. What the fuck do you want?"

"And why would I tell you?" She sneered harshly.
"Maybe because I'm part of your plan?"

"That's left for you to find out... Oo you mentioned something about my uncle, I don't remember telling you about him?

"He is my enemy Diana, why wouldn't I know everything about him" I boasted puffing in my cigarette.

"Ohh...I see, so much intelligence, I hope you IQ would have figured out that my uncle is now your in-law or have you forgotten that Maya is my cousin making her Zechariah niece too" she devilishly smiled and blew me a flying kiss before heading to the door.

Why does Maya have to be involved with these evil people?
Why does Zechariah have to be her uncle?
Why does Diana have to be her cousin?
How about her family?
Are they also part of this nonsense?
I need to find out more about Maya former life.
Dear moon goddess help me.

𝕻𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖛𝖔𝖙𝖊 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙(●♡∀♡)