32. SEVEN DAYS

" 𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒂𝒔 𝑬𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚, 𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒆𝒄𝒉 𝒊𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒔 𝑻𝒊𝒎𝒆. "

_________

" 𝑮𝒊𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒑 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔𝒏'𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒂𝒌. 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒈𝒐. "

AUTHOR POV

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into days and days into weeks. Marissa was gloomy, she was disappointed in herself but at the same time happy about her child.
David refused to talk to her when he woke up, he kept himself isolated in his study room.

She tried talking to him but he ignored her, she cooked for him but he never ate. Maya was her only source of comfort now, she always visited her to enliven her spirit.
She's tired of David behaviour, she would do anything for him but give up her child!? Never.

Various ideas have been swimming through her brains, different crazy ideas but she finally concluded on one.
If David still ignores her and their child, she will go back to her father. She will give birth to this child and he will never lay his eyes on him or her.

First, he lied to her about the reason he hated children, she has forgiven him for that. Second, this is his child, his blood, his offspring so what sought of phobia will keep a father from his child. Children are amazing miracles. If he doesn't want to try to overcome his fear for the sake of their child, she is done.

She told Maya about her decision and to her surprise, Maya didn't try to persuade her to change her decision. David's ball is in his court now, he should decide how he would play.

"David, I want to talk to you" He glared at her blankly for a short period and gulped his fruit juice in a go. Marissa was suddenly filled with rage, she has heard enough of his absurd behaviour.
"David, I'm talking to you!" She screamed exasperated. He gave her one final glance and strolled towards the staircase.

"I'm giving you a week David Rochester, Seven days, Fix yourself, own up to your responsibility, get medical help if needed, I don't care anymore. After seven days, and you haven't accepted this child then you can say goodbye to the both of us, Forever. I'll go back to my father and trust me, you won't see me again" He froze. His legs were paralyzed.

Fear. That was the only emotion emitting from him right now. She flashed him a brief smile and walked past him. He wanted to stop her but he just couldn't. He wanted to have a serious talk with her but he couldn't bring himself to call her name. He can't think straight, maybe he does need medical help.

Marissa rushed into the bathroom and threw up. Her face was pale and her lips dry. She missed his touch, she missed his voice, she missed his sense of humour, she missed everything about him. At one point there, she hoped that he would stop her, he would look her in the eye, he would talk to her and they would both forgive each other. But what was she thinking?

Her final decision. Seven days. His decision will decide their future. She would just hope and pray that he will make the right decision.

****

Maxwell was abashed with himself. He has lost most of his powerful men, how will he rebuild his clan again? His hotel was burnt down to ashes. His people now see him as an incompetent Leader, everybody sees him as an unproficient vampire.