33. YOUR JUSTICE

" 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒑𝒕𝒉 𝒐𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒇 𝒊𝒏 𝒊𝒏𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒅𝒚. 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒍𝒂𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒇𝒍𝒚. "

__________

" 𝑰𝒎𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒅𝒊𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈; 𝒊𝒕 𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒚, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒔𝒔, 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅. "

AUTHOR POV

Nathaniel was sitting in the dark corner of the living room. His patience reached its peak some minutes ago, he called the packhouse and was informed that maya left hours ago, he called Marissa and she told him the same thing.

She can't possibly be with  David because he still wasn't in his right sense to talk to anybody. Where could she possibly be? He has tolerated her rebellious behaviour for the past week without saying anything.
She was making him change his view of life with her actions but he was always staring at her each time.

She badgered him to give her a car and to his very own surprise, he did. She goes out whenever she wants and he couldn't bring himself to say anything. This is the first time he came home before her. He asked her in the morning to follow him to his friend ceremony and she bluntly refused saying that she had better things to do.

The real Nathaniel would never take no as an answer. He just ignored her and left, he was angry but it was as if someone padlocked his mouth in order not to say anything.

Nathaniel was fuming, he expected her to apologise for this morning as soon as he came home but his brave queen was nowhere to be seen. She has crossed the limits he had set for her. It is 7:54 pm and she still wasn't home.

The front door opened slowly and quietly. With the darkness, he could still see her head slowly peeping through the door. Why is she scared of being caught after all, she has been behaving like a true queen these days.

She tiptoed cautiously towards the staircase, she knew that Nathaniel won't go easy on her this time, her overconfidence have put her in a tight spot. The last thing that she wanted now was for Nathaniel to see her right now. She wasn't scared of him though, she was just not ready to argue with him. Or is she still scared of his actions?

His anger was justified, she denied his kind request this morning, of course, she knew that he is still angry about that. She was meant to be back home hours ago after meeting David but her stupidity made her go for a long drive around his territory only to be met with a flat tire. She changed the tire herself with the spare one at the trunk of the car and that took a lot of time. But angry Nathaniel would never listen to any explanation.

"Where have you been?" The coldness of the voice made her freeze on her spot, the lights were turned on now, how did he do that? She noticed the remote on his hands and sighed realising that it was automatic.
He was sitting on a couch with his legs crossed like a king, he was holding a glass and a bottle of whisky was beside him.

"I went out" She answered avoiding his eyes. His aura was screaming danger, he was drinking but she was sure that he isn't drunk. She breathed deeply and turned to continue her journey towards the staircase.